MIBRL is Missing ,Ctrl + Alt + Delete to restart (Windows 7)

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
Long story short i thought that formatting my unused windows xp hdd (using windows 7 btw) was a good idea, it turns out to be false
first of all my win 7 usb couldnt use any of the repair settings but i clearly remember it could some time ago, hell knows why
first i got bootmgr is missing
then i use Lazesoft solution
after their "aio fix" it shows MIBRL is missing
i tried to recover my xp drive and didnt work
tried googling, did no good so i went here

has anyone experienced this and fixed this without formatting ? because thats the least thing i would do

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
clearing up the story :

right ill clear this up
i was trying to make up some storage for my pc, i formatted my hdd partition containing windows xp via windows installation usb, however after i formatted the drive i couldnt boot inside, because it was causing a bootmgr is missing error, so i used lazesoft recovery usb stick i have and tried to use their one click fix solution, it didnt work and caused the MIBRL is missing error, since i thought it has something to do with my second harddrive i use their built in file recovery tool and recover the core files i needed which is the windows folder itself, however it didnt work and keeps on showing the MIBRL is missing error, now since reformatting and reinstalling is the least thing i want to do since i have a very limited backup hdd space, i wonder if there is anything i can do since my windows installation usb doesnt show its advanced menu that is commonly used to fix problems like this

is this clear enough? because i cant describe it any way else

Solution
High Raw read error rate for seagate drives is normal, but yours is wd. Then no - that's not good.
But most important attributes are Relocated sector count, Relocated event count and Current pending sectors.
You have those hidden.

So - L: was winxp partition, right?
And which is win7 partition? E: or N: ?
Can you post folder view screenshot of win7 partition?

Depending on which partition is win7, command to fix bootloader on L: would be
bcdboot E:\windows /s L:
or
bcdboot N:\windows /s L:
Sorry - couldn't understand a word of it.

What? What did you try to do?

What did you do to get that?

What is that? What did you do?

What is that? What did you do?

How exactly did you do that?

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

right ill clear this up
i was trying to make up some storage for my pc, i formatted my hdd partition containing windows xp via windows installation usb, however after i formatted the drive i couldnt boot inside, because it was causing a bootmgr is missing error, so i used lazesoft recovery usb stick i have and tried to use their one click fix solution, it didnt work and caused the MIBRL is missing error, since i thought it has something to do with my second harddrive i use their built in file recovery tool and recover the core files i needed which is the windows folder itself, however it didnt work and keeps on showing the MIBRL is missing error, now since reformatting and reinstalling is the least thing i want to do since i have a very limited backup hdd space, i wonder if there is anything i can do since my windows installation usb doesnt show its advanced menu that is commonly used to fix problems like this

is this clear enough ? because i cant explain it with any other way

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

2 hdd, 1 external with no os, just files & games
1 internal with 3 partitions, 1 is for 7 other is for xp and the last is for files
that xp is in a partition, but i formatted it and for some reason windows 7 wont boot

Ok. I think I get it now.
You formated a partition that contained bootloader files. That's why you can't boot anymore.

1. Get windows 7 installation media.
2. Boot from it (disconnect external hdd before doing that)
3. Go to Repair my computer/command prompt and execute:
  • bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
4. Close command prompt and reboot your pc

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

the thing is my "windows installation media" which is a usb (this pc doesnt have a dvd writer) just jump right to the "installation" bit with no previous screen apart from choosing the language,etc , i dont really know why but because of that i couldnt access the command prompt

So you're saying - you don't get this screen?
fixedbyvonnie-windows-7-repair-your-computer.png

Then get another windows installation media, that behaves as it's supposed to.

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

i could have sworn i used to get that screen but not anymore for some reason
anyway could anything be done on a secondary pc perhaps ? i have the drive hooked up and im not sure what i can do to it now that could fix it

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

ok guess what, it says "total identified windows installations : 0"
soo... game over i guess ?

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

ytPKH8C.png

(its Disk3 btw)

for extra infos put my hddsentinel along with the awful transfer speed, which might indicate something else... (also is the raw error thing normal ? its climbing, thats for sure)

6FYDlPR.png

(the drive "DATE" shows 21 august 2010... wonder if this is also an issue)

High Raw read error rate for seagate drives is normal, but yours is wd. Then no - that's not good.
But most important attributes are Relocated sector count, Relocated event count and Current pending sectors.
You have those hidden.

So - L: was winxp partition, right?
And which is win7 partition? E: or N: ?
Can you post folder view screenshot of win7 partition?

Depending on which partition is win7, command to fix bootloader on L: would be
bcdboot E:\windows /s L:
or
bcdboot N:\windows /s L:

Solution

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

E is 7
L used to be xp
N is random stuff

OfficialG3