[SOLVED] Mic detected, but no input (Windows 10, Manjaro Linux)

Jan 24, 2019
Hello,

My PC does not receive input from the microphone. I have tried both a small separate mic, and using an app on my Smartphone to make it function as a mic through the audio jack. I have tried both front and rear MIC input. I have tried windows 10 and linux, both detect a device, but there is no level.

I remember at one point my MIC input was working, but it is not working anymore. I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the microphone itself (brand-new, works with smartphone) and not an OS/driver issue, since I tried both windows and linux with the same result.

I already tried reinstalling drivers, checking the MIC privacy setting etc.

Is it possible that my MOBO mic input is somehow broken (even though a mic is detected)?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
@
CheesyTwister
Thanks for your reply, however, the MIC is not defective, I can route it to my PC using WO Mic app. I have already checked the input volume, that is not the issue.

Edit: It just turned out the plug/connector is the wrong one (4CHN), I attached one of the adaptors that came with the MIC and it works now...
Jan 24, 2019
@
CheesyTwister
Thanks for your reply, however, the MIC is not defective, I can route it to my PC using WO Mic app. I have already checked the input volume, that is not the issue.

Edit: It just turned out the plug/connector is the wrong one (4CHN), I attached one of the adaptors that came with the MIC and it works now...

Solution