Nov 1, 2019
my mic doesnt pick up sound from the outside anymore but instead it now plays my pc sounds meaning that if im in a call with someone on disc they cant hear me but they can hear my music...
how can i fix this? i tried reinstalling drivers, disabling stereo mix, plugging it off and on again and none work pls help
headphones are redragon lagoplasmutus black

ctsstc

Reputable
Sep 6, 2018
I would first check out what your system is set to

Start > Sound Settings > Sound Control Panel (should be under "Related Settings" in the right column)
You can meander to the Recording tab and see what devices are available. Then if you see your device it's normally good to right click and set it as the Default Device and the Default Communication Device.

Verify that the mic is picking up while you're in there (green bars should go up)

If this doesn't fix the problem, then the software (Discord/Skype/Zoom/whatever) is overriding the system defaults. You'll need to find in the software which device is being used, and change it to System Default or explicitly the device. You may have to restart the software for good luck :p

Often a system will change default devices when they're disconnected. For instance mine will default back to "Stereo Mix" when I unplug my USB headset, and when my sound card doesn't see a 3.5 mic plugged in.