Question Mic doesn't work windows 10 with WH-1kxm3 sony.

Guts28

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
SO my mic on my sony wh-1000xm3 doesn't work... I tried everything, it is connected via BT. Audio works fine but mic doesn't work at all, it does shows as default at all my audio/mic (including at recording tab) settings but no luck.

I tried them on other computer and they work just fine it's on MINE that these MF doesn't work lol. I have windows 10 x64 up to date, any ideas?

Motherboard is gigabyte z270xp.

note: I'm also using a generic BT dongle which I also tried in other computers on my home and they work just fine both audio and mic.

note2: found this thread of some1 with my similar problems at the gigabyte official forums ( https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=22798.0 ) the person in question solved it by using a splinter... I tried one and it did not work for me.

Thanks in advance!

Guts28

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
No because the headphones work just fine in any other system it is my personal desktop pc that I'm having problems with... I started to think it could be my motherboard the problem here who doesn't like BT for some reason (?

Here is what I forgot to mention I tried 3 different BT dongles that I have, in one doesn't work the audio/mic, in other doesn't work the mic (the one I'm currently using) and in the other one doesn't even work I can't even get to pair it cos it shows the "!" error icon at devmgmt and it wont let me remove it. Granted all 3 of these dongles work just as intended with my sony headphones in other systems (tried it them on another desktop pc I have and a couple of laptops.

I was thinking maybe update my BIOS? maybe there's some factory issue on my motherboard I don't know about.
edit: already had my BIOS up to date so.. no idea what else to do other then maybe buy new cpu+motherboard lol.... (and avoid gigabyte brand for life)

Last edited: