Nov 11, 2020
Whenever I plug in a microphone into any of my audio jacks (one in the motherboard, one on the front IO panel), not a single sound is picked up. I've updated all of my drivers, checked my HD audio cable, checked the audio settings. I think it's a software problem, because when I use a USB mic, the same problem occurs, however at random times. IMPORTANT: Whenever I plug in a headset to the mic jack to use that mic instead, no sound is picked up. Whenever I move the volume button on it though, audio from THAT is picked up. No voice, but the sound of moving the volume slider. When I use a bluetooth headset (Beats), the mic from that works perfectly. However, I'm trying to use an external mic. Nothing I do seems to work and I can't use my mic for anything, which I really need. Please help!

Ralston18

Titan
Does the microphone appear in Device Manager? (Ensure that View --> Show hidden devices is checked)

Right click the microphone(s) , then scroll to Properties and check the configuration.

Also =====

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

A 5 item menu window will appear. Each menu item will lead to other windows, tabs, and audio properties configuration settings.

Explore all of the windows, tabs, and properties being carefully not to change anything. Do make note of something that you know is not correct or otherwise seems not to be as expected.

Then go back and reconfigure as applicable - but change only one thing at a time. Keep notes so you can undo a change that goes astray.

Nov 11, 2020
Does the microphone appear in Device Manager? (Ensure that View --> Show hidden devices is checked)

Right click the microphone(s) , then scroll to Properties and check the configuration.

Also =====

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

A 5 item menu window will appear. Each menu item will lead to other windows, tabs, and audio properties configuration settings.

Explore all of the windows, tabs, and properties being carefully not to change anything. Do make note of something that you know is not correct or otherwise seems not to be as expected.

Then go back and reconfigure as applicable - but change only one thing at a time. Keep notes so you can undo a change that goes astray.
The devices show up in device manager, but don't work. When I plug it out and plug it back in a few times, the mic starts to slightly work but loud static plays and my voice is extremely quiet. I've uninstalled& reinstalled all my devices in device manager. I'll check on the configurations when I can, but I haven't touched those.