[SOLVED] Mic just won't work

Batguerra

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2014
I own an ASUS Ryzen 3500u laptop, and it's been a week since I've been having issues with my mic (embedded in my laptop or external). Basically, I can tell Windows 10 recognizes it in the audio settings, but no one can hear me (whether a mictest website, nor in any meetings app). I'm not entirely sure if it has anything to do with some "Steam Streaming" driver, which I uninstalled, but which was an option for both audio output and mic input.
Regardless, I've tried several options, going through Windows settings, disabling and enabling it. I'd appreciate if someone could let me know how to fix this.

Solution
ASUS Ryzen 3500u laptop
Please parse the model for said laptop. An SKU would help us two fold.

What version of Windows 10 are you working with? As for your laptop, what BIOS version are you currently on? In your things tried, checklist, did you uninstall and manually reinstall your audio drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator?

Lutfij

Titan
ASUS Ryzen 3500u laptop

What version of Windows 10 are you working with? As for your laptop, what BIOS version are you currently on? In your things tried, checklist, did you uninstall and manually reinstall your audio drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator?

Solution

Batguerra

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2014
ASUS Ryzen 3500u laptop

Thank you for replying!

The model is M509DA, currently on Windows 10 Home 64-bit. BIOS version is X509DA.306.

As for your suggestion, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling manually as Administrator and get back to you.

Batguerra

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2014
ASUS Ryzen 3500u laptop

Thank you so much!

I've reinstalled the audio drivers as you suggested, and now the mic is working just fine.