Mic Not Working on my Asus Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notteejay

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
I have an asus laptop and it only has one audio jack and i need two for my audio and mic for my headphones so i bought an audio jack splitter to fix it. I plug in my headphones in to the jaudio splitter and into my laptop and msg pops up saying "The current connected device is: Headset MicIn Headphones so i tried both headset and headphones out and the audio works but not my mic and when i tried the "micIn option the mic works but not the audio. Someone please HELP.

Solution
It sounds like the port you are using just either isn't dual input/output, which would be needed to work both a mic and headset combo, or it is one of the lovely new ones that don't seem to work as they should. It is getting more and more common to see one or the other of these issues on laptops. Sadly.

Two ways around this are, 1. Get a mic/headset combo that has a USB connection or 2. Get a 3.5mm dual connection to USB adapter and plug the headset/mic combo in through that. Both will require you connect through a USB port, however it should resolve the issue.

I am referring to an adapter kind of like this...
It sounds like the port you are using just either isn't dual input/output, which would be needed to work both a mic and headset combo, or it is one of the lovely new ones that don't seem to work as they should. It is getting more and more common to see one or the other of these issues on laptops. Sadly.

Two ways around this are, 1. Get a mic/headset combo that has a USB connection or 2. Get a 3.5mm dual connection to USB adapter and plug the headset/mic combo in through that. Both will require you connect through a USB port, however it should resolve the issue.

I am referring to an adapter kind of like this one...https://www.amazon.com/Theo-Cleo-Headset-Microphone-Converter/dp/B00A3RV2TI/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_3/145-0851938-1708825?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KF0JYHS8PMV4CZS3N53F This is just an example, to give you an idea of what I am referring to. :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS