Question mic not working

Aug 31, 2021
mic has stopped working, disappeared from all menus, device manager, tried sound trouble shooter, says nothing is connected, gaming oh hold due to know coms,

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
For starters, which brand and model? Integrated into your headset or standalone? Separate connector, or shared with your headset, or bluetooth?

If this is a desktop and your mic's connected to any front panel connector, try rear panel ones.

Aug 31, 2021
For starters, which brand and model? Integrated into your headset or standalone? Separate connector, or shared with your headset, or bluetooth?

If this is a desktop and your mic's connected to any front panel connector, try rear panel ones.

It's integrated (headset and mic) some random amazon brand(micolindun) not USB, has a shared connector and a dual, I've tried both front and back ports on my desktop , and nothing, the headset has sound, but no mic

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
It's integrated (headset and mic) some random amazon brand, not USB, has a shared connector and a dual, I've tried both front and back ports on my desktop , and nothing, the headset has sound, but no mic
If you have someone to borrow a mic or headset from, you can verify that it's not your computer's sound card that is broken, which is (thankfully) much rarer than a broken headset.

Might be time for a replacement headset or a new tabletop mic, otherwise.

Aug 31, 2021
If you have someone to borrow a mic or headset from, you can verify that it's not your computer's sound card that is broken, which is (thankfully) much rarer than a broken headset.

Might be time for a replacement headset or a new tabletop mic, otherwise.

I've tried my other mic, single connection, and it doesn't show in the menu, it will pop up a notification that I plugged it in, but doesn't show, I've thought about going stand alone mic, may now be the time, just wish I could figure out why nothing shows up in any menu and I can make it a default device

TRENDING THREADS