mic problem help

Status
Not open for further replies.

austin.mariano27

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 series, and razer kraken pro v2 headphones. The laptop only has 1 jack, and when I plug it in, the headphones work fine, but the laptop still uses the built-in microphone. please help me i want to use my heaphones mic. by the way razer kraken pro v2 have only 1 jack no usb cord just only 1 jack combine audio and mic

Solution
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

If this doesn't work, it may well be that your jack either is output only and not a combo jack, or the combo input/output jack isn't functioning correctly. Both of these is really common.

In this case your best bet would be to get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect the headset/mic...
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

If this doesn't work, it may well be that your jack either is output only and not a combo jack, or the combo input/output jack isn't functioning correctly. Both of these is really common.

In this case your best bet would be to get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect the headset/mic through it. This should give you no problems then. An adapter like this... https://www.amazon.com/LZYCO-External-connector-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B018YV3ALM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1486193340&sr=8-9&keywords=3.5mm+to+usb+adapter

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.