Mic recording through ear cups

Jan 11, 2019
When I use a USB external sound card adapter my mic is recording through the ear cups of my headset.

When I connect the 3.5 mm Jacks to the green and pink ports the mic works fine.

Thanks in advance for the help

Solution
The link states "Superior Features: No driver required, just plug and play! USB bus-powered, no external power required for this convenient sound card. "

If true not a software failure then a hardware failure.

However I read two product caveats:

1) " Please kindly note it only supports mono microphone TRS, it does not support TS, TRRS. Not compatible with PS3. "

2)"IMPORTANT NOTE: This product only supports mono microphone TRS, does NOT support TS, TRRS."

If possible try other microphone/audio sets using the adapter. If those headsets do not work, return the adapter.

Ralston18

Titan
So you are plugging the headset into the external sound card adapter and that adapter is being plugged into a computer's USB port - correct?

And that is when the ear cups "record".

But if you plug the headset's two plugs directly into the PC via the green and pink ports, all is well.

Likely a mismatch in connectivity.

Here is a link that help explains the connection standards and common pinouts.

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Make and model headset? What plugs are on the headset?

What make and model USB external sound card are you using?

Jan 11, 2019
My headset is the hyperx cloud pro gaming headset and it has two TRS plugs, one for the headset and one for the mic.

The USB external sound card I'm using is the ugreen audio adapter external stereo sound card with 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack.

Here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Headphone-Microphone-Desktops/dp/B01N905VOY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547244195&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ugreen+usb+audio+adapter+external+stereo+sound+card+with+3.5mm&dpPl=1&dpID=41zp99SXYrL&ref=plSrch

Ralston18

Titan
The link states "Superior Features: No driver required, just plug and play! USB bus-powered, no external power required for this convenient sound card. "

If true not a software failure then a hardware failure.

However I read two product caveats:

1) " Please kindly note it only supports mono microphone TRS, it does not support TS, TRRS. Not compatible with PS3. "

2)"IMPORTANT NOTE: This product only supports mono microphone TRS, does NOT support TS, TRRS."

If possible try other microphone/audio sets using the adapter. If those headsets do not work, return the adapter.

Solution
Jan 11, 2019
Sorry for the late reply it was night in my country.

I plugged my Logitech g430 which had it's own USB adapter that worked into the ugreen one and again the same thing happened. thanks for the help, I will try to contact the seller and get a new one

TRENDING THREADS