[SOLVED] Mic sounds horrible after reinstalling windows 10.

Jan 1, 2019
I had to reinstall windows 10 home as I had just bought a product key and I had windows 10 pro before unlicensed. After hours of issues trying to do that, I finally install it and now after joining a discord call with my friend. He says my mic sounds very muffled and awful. I've tried to install some kind of audio drivers from the MSI website but nothing works and it still sounds the same. I'm sure it isn't my mic or my discord settings. Also tried testing with skype.

I think I also have a few issues with other things like lacking some files or something
I've tried so many different things like installing Nahimic, but that doesn't work either.

Here are my specs if you need: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8WydYT

Solution
Hey i had the same problem after factory resetting my windows 10. The default mic bit rate is 8000 Hz (Cellphone quality) so what your gonna want to do is go right click the volume button in the bottom right, go to sounds, Recordings, right click on the mic your using, go to properties/ Advanced and turn the bit rate from 8000 all the way up to 48000. This fixed my problem, hope it hellped.
Jan 4, 2019
Hey i had the same problem after factory resetting my windows 10. The default mic bit rate is 8000 Hz (Cellphone quality) so what your gonna want to do is go right click the volume button in the bottom right, go to sounds, Recordings, right click on the mic your using, go to properties/ Advanced and turn the bit rate from 8000 all the way up to 48000. This fixed my problem, hope it hellped.

Solution