Question mic suddenly stopped working

Aug 3, 2019
i upgraded my pc a while back. it was working fine until two days ago my mic suddenly stopped working in discord but my audio was ok. i went and checked in windows settings and was not working there either just a buzz sound. i tested my headphone/mic on my laptop and it worked. i reinstalled my windows and updated my bios(msi z390-a pro) uninstalled the realtec drivers tried front panel but nothing worked. it just gives a buzz sound when i listened to the mic. im really frustrated with this pls help

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
i upgraded my pc a while back. it was working fine until two days ago my mic suddenly stopped working in discord but my audio was ok. i went and checked in windows settings and was not working there either just a buzz sound. i tested my headphone/mic on my laptop and it worked. i reinstalled my windows and updated my bios(msi z390-a pro) uninstalled the realtec drivers tried front panel but nothing worked. it just gives a buzz sound when i listened to the mic. im really frustrated with this pls help
Buzz sound? Is it picking up your voice or not at all?
Either way I had this issue recently turn out windows decided to turn off all applications that use a mic. Should look like this. Unless this is something completely different.
View: https://imgur.com/a/YPWjWMY