[SOLVED] Mic works in the frontal jack, but it does not in the rear one

muguetsu

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
I recently bought a mic and went through a lot o trouble until I found out why it did not work, still I could not solve my problem entirely.

So, the problem is that the rear jack does not work for some reason. When I connect a headphone in the rear entrance, the green jack lightens by itself up in the VIA app, like he image shows. However, when I connect a mic, it does not. After I enabled the frontal jacks, I connected the microphone and it worked perfectly.

EqcTglC.jpg

I noticed that the mic device is related to the frontal entrance, like the image shows. And there’s is not an option for a device related to the rear entrance.

cuyR1LC.jpg

What I want to know is if there is a way to enable the rear jack for the mic?

Solution
Hello, you might not have understood my problem. I am not trying to plug the mic into the green jack. I am plugging the mic into the pink jack of the back panel, but it does not work. But if I plug the mic into the frontal panel, it works.

Thanks for trying to help btw

Ok, when you said the green lit up when you put in the headphones but not the mic I thought you were using the green jack. Take a look at the audio options, it should have the jack listed and what it is configured for, the microphone jack may not be setup on the rear panel, or it may simply be faulty.
Green is usually the default audio out color, if you are using that you are trying to connect it to the speaker or headphone output. Look at the label or the software configuration for the jack to see which one would be the mic in.

PinkAnalog microphone audio input (mono or stereo)3.5 mm TRS
Light blueAnalog line level audio input3.5 mm TRS
Lime greenAnalog line level audio output, front stereo (speakers or headphones)3.5 mm TRS
BlackAnalog line level audio output, rear stereo (surround speakers)

muguetsu

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Green is usually the default audio out color, if you are using that you are trying to connect it to the speaker or headphone output. Look at the label or the software configuration for the jack to see which one would be the mic in.

PinkAnalog microphone audio input (mono or stereo)3.5 mm TRS
Light blueAnalog line level audio input3.5 mm TRS
Lime greenAnalog line level audio output, front stereo (speakers or headphones)3.5 mm TRS
BlackAnalog line level audio output, rear stereo (surround speakers)

Hello, you might not have understood my problem. I am not trying to plug the mic into the green jack. I am plugging the mic into the pink jack of the back panel, but it does not work. But if I plug the mic into the frontal panel, it works.

Ok, when you said the green lit up when you put in the headphones but not the mic I thought you were using the green jack. Take a look at the audio options, it should have the jack listed and what it is configured for, the microphone jack may not be setup on the rear panel, or it may simply be faulty.

Solution