Question Mic works on phone but not on PC ?

Jun 20, 2022
so one day i was speaking with my friend the mic was working fine the next day it randomly stopped working but since my microphone always buzzes and its annoying i heart the buzz it always makes and i knew it works i tried everything on settings didnt work then i tried it on my phone it worked then i put my headset far away and my voice was lower since the headset was really far
i need help

Need details about the setup. Mic on a headset? What model and how is it wired to the PC? Single cable, dual cables, adapter, no adapter, etc... PC is a desktop or laptop? Separate MIC and Headphone jacks or a combo jack? Did you try this on another computer?

Jun 20, 2022
The mic is on a headset, its a combo with both the mic and the headphone. the pc is a desktop and no i didnt try it on another pc bc im not allowed on my brothers pc.
I'm not sure what model the headset is.

The mic is on a headset, its a combo with both the mic and the headphone. the pc is a desktop and no i didnt try it on another pc bc im not allowed on my brothers pc.
I'm not sure what model the headset is.

Without knowing the headset model or at least the cables on it, can't do much. There are no model markings on it or the box it came in? Someone must know what you are using unless it just dropped out of the sky without a package or anyone buying it.

theres 2 one for the microphone and one for the headphones

As long as you have the connections in the right ports on the computer sound card inputs, if the mic is not working could simply be a bad cable of wiring issue in the headset. It seems a cheaper headset branded for local sale, can't find much detail on it. Test it on another computer, test another microphone on your computer to see if issue is with the headset or the PC.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
It might need specific drivers to be installed, if not automatically. I would also go into your sound settings and make sure the mic is enabled as a recording device, sometimes they default to disabled or not selected as a default to use.