Mice get broken

Blasphemy_

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2012
On the last 6 months I have changed 3 mice on my pc due to a small spike they do after 2-3 weeks from the purchase. Its like my mouse stops for a half second and it starts again. Its frustrating when you play fps games and you face a thing like this.

The 3 mice I have bought so far:
- Razer MMO Naga
- Razer MOBA Naga
- Steelseries Rivals

Im sure that is not caused by the heavy use since I rarely rage on the mouse plus the Steelseries Rivals started the spikes after 2-3 weeks from the purchase.
I have the desktop for about 4 years and all the USB slots are taken. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of power it shares in all peripherals, so it causes a short-circuit? I have tried to plug it on different USB slot but I think the damage is already done on the mouse so I will have those spikes anyway, which means I have to buy a new one again..

Any idea what causes this?

Try the mice on another machine and see if the problem persists?

That short period of USB devices pausing or hanging is usually the USB driver / controller. Have you tried updating the drivers for your motherboard USB controller(s)?

Something to try is to see if the spiking happens when only the keyboard and mouse are plugged in, trying it both on the rear connections and the front panel USB connections if your machine has them.