Question Mice keeps clicking more than once

Sette

Commendable
Aug 5, 2020
Hi, I wasn’t sure what to put this under so I just picked this. My mouse has just started to click more than once when I am on google chrome or any other app. I also play valorant and whenever I am playing and go to shoot it makes me stop shooting out of no where. I tried resetting my mouse and that doesn’t work. Any tips?

Yes. Get a new mouse. This generally only happens when there is an issue with the mouse. It could be as simple as a piece of fuzz or whatever gets caught under the button mechanism, or crap built up inside the mouse if it's old enough. But the bottom line is, this is a hardware issue pretty much every single time. Try a different mouse. Go buy a two dollar mouse and see if it does the same thing. Honestly, pretty sure it will and this is never a Windows or OS problem.

Could, on very few occasions, be a driver issue, so make sure that if your mouse is a model with a specific Windows driver, that you have the latest version, and it also wouldn't be the worst idea to make sure that the motherboard BIOS is up to date and that the chipset driver is as well. Manually. Do not EVER rely on Windows update to be accurate when it comes to hardware drivers.

Reactions: Grobe

AgentBirdnest

Respectable
Jun 8, 2022
What brand/model is the mouse? How long have you had it?

Sounds like the mouse switches have lived their life. The "double click" is not too uncommon after using some mice for a while. It's particularly infamous in Logitech mice. I've had 4 Logitech mice develop that issue after roughly a year, because of the cheap switches they use (Omron switches, but I forget the exact model.)
You could try ordering new switches for the mouse, crack it open, desolder the old ones and solder in the new ones. Or, if you can't solder to save your life, like me - buy a new mouse, or try to get it replaced if it's still under warranty.

Sette

Commendable
Aug 5, 2020
What brand/model is the mouse? How long have you had it?

Sounds like the mouse switches have lived their life. The "double click" is not too uncommon after using some mice for a while. It's particularly infamous in Logitech mice. I've had 4 Logitech mice develop that issue after roughly a year, because of the cheap switches they use (Omron switches, but I forget the exact model.)
You could try ordering new switches for the mouse, crack it open, desolder the old ones and solder in the new ones. Or, if you can't solder to save your life, like me - buy a new mouse, or try to get it replaced if it's still under warranty.
It’s a Corsair knight sword mouse. I’ve had this mouse a little over a year and the muse before this one I think was doing something similar I don’t quite remember.