micro atx cases and powersupplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyglue

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
hi, i just bought an Aspire X-Qpack and it came with an ok 420W psu. but it doesnt have enough power connectors for what i want to do with it (harddrives, dvd-rws, fans, etc.). i was wondering which other powersupplies would fit in here (besides microATX psus) because it has the holes to mount a full size atx powersupply. i tried fitting my x-connect in there, but it was way too crowded, help please!

-Crazyglue

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OMG, you've been around here long enough to have heard this rant before! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MICRO ATX POWER SUPPLY!

Several people refer to several power supplies as "micro ATX", but micro ATX cases use various form factors with real, accurate names!

If yours has the same mounting holes as a full-sized power supply (called PS/2 form factor by anyone who knows what they're talking about), well, the shorter version is called PS/3. Unfortunately this is NOT a popular form factor, and you'll likely have a hard time finding a high-quality, high-capacity replacement.

pharoah

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
first of all i will say i have an aspire x-qpack case.second i dont care what you are going to run in it the stock supply in this case basically sucks.third
i have an antec true power 2 series in it now that totally rocks.fourth i will add that its a little tricky to get it in but well worth the hassle

apsire psu=crap
antec psu=worth its weight in gold :lol:

gorgis

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
I used to have power issues too. My old no-name PSU was hardly giving all of its power, overheating my whole case. After I got my Corsair VS650, my ingame fps boosted by 30%. I recommend this. 5 year warranty, 85+ efficiency, reliable + decent current flow for my 560ti GPU. I'm also a micro ATX user ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS