Micro ATX Motherboards

Islaman726

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Thanks in advance for your input and advice. I have a mini-tower computer with an ECS H61H6-MV Micro ATX Motherboard. I want to upgrade my video card to an ASUS Radeon HD 6450 and would like to keep my current computer case. I am not a gamer, but looking for a bit more power to run Sony Movie Studio and render videos a bit quicker. My current set up includes Intel CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz, 8 MB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5400 series video card, and a 2 TB Hard Drive. I plan to upgrade the processor to an Intel G3258 3.2 GHz, the power with a Corsair CX500M, and the RAM to 16MB. Any thoughts on successes you've had with Micro ATX motherboards?

Solution
I use mostly mini-ITX and the ASRock Z97M OC Formula I just got, is a great board for the price, and costs about $100, but is more then you need.

The ASRock H97M Pro4 would be a good start, which could later handle any current LGA1150 processor with a locked multiplier. What sort of budget were you looking at? There are cheaper M81 and B85 board that would run that Pentium well.
I use mostly mini-ITX and the ASRock Z97M OC Formula I just got, is a great board for the price, and costs about $100, but is more then you need.

The ASRock H97M Pro4 would be a good start, which could later handle any current LGA1150 processor with a locked multiplier. What sort of budget were you looking at? There are cheaper M81 and B85 board that would run that Pentium well.

Solution