Micro Camera Questions

BinaryData

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Hey Guys/Gals,

Been ages since I've posted here, but to the point.

I moved into this apartment in March, and I've been fighting with management on what the definition of "48 Hour" notice means, and accessing MORE of the apartment then what the notice states. This last round, they requested access to my balcony to ensure it was safe. No issues, however I've done a few tricks to see if they've entered or not. The old school spy trick of taping a piece of string to a penny, and putting it on the door lip. Not only did they access the master bedroom, they accessed my spare bedroom that has $20k+ worth of server hardware in it.

Now that you've got some back story, I'm trying to find a micro camera that I can connect to my WiFi and have the video stored locally or uploaded to my Google Drive. I haven't been successful with finding one that was fairly cheap (Not spending $180 / Camera when I'll need at least 4).

If I can catch them on camera, I can start the process of a lawsuit against them. Rather not do that, but if their breaking the law, it needs to be stopped.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
old android cell phone with the right app, a motion activated camera app - several available- you could store on the device.
easy enough to conceal. pay as you go phone, SD card, a power tap and an imagination as to hiding it and bobs your uncle.

I got one of these and the camera is rather good and cheap to boot. (annoying neighbor)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWX1NQF/ref=psdc_12909791_t1_B07P8RQYRB
short battery life (look at the size) but USB and a charger block and again uncle bob.

Last edited:

BinaryData

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and Note 8 I can use. Upgrading to a Note 10+ or whatever it is. I've got Raspberry Pi 3's I can have stuff stored too. I wasn't sure what cameras would be good or not, but now I've got a starting point.

Thanks R_1.