News Micro Center Offers New Customers a 256GB SSD for Free

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022
More than likely with their walk in store policy they are starting to feel the loss of customers with the economic recession just like Best Buy who is laying off workers and shifting to more online sales.

btmedic04

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
More than likely with their walk in store policy they are starting to feel the loss of customers with the economic recession just like Best Buy who is laying off workers and shifting to more online sales.

Microcenter has been running discounts and freebies for new customers for a while now. I've seen the ssd before, as well as $50 off any cpu and even the ender 3 pro for $99 after the new customer coupon.

Reactions: King_V

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Anecdotally the MC where I live is busy all the time. Plus they run promos like this all the time. Free flash drives, $100 Ender 3 Pros, $50 off any CPU, and a free SSD are the ones I've seen recently. Even existing customers get deals. Free DDR5 RAM with AM5 builds, CPU+Mobo discount, etc. Their true goal is to get you in the door and then you buy the stuff with higher margins. Cases, PSU, coolers, fans, i.e accessories and RGB. Let's be honest if you're buying a CPU, mobo, and RAM you'll want to buy the rest of the parts too. The only thing I've ever found lacking at MC is their GPU selection and that has less to do with them and more to do with the nature of brick and mortar. Can't expect them to stock too many of the higher end variants of cards when the basic one does the trick just fine.

Reactions: King_V