[SOLVED] Micro Dust Particles

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi All

i have a cooler master MB511 CASE which has front mesh panel for air intake. So i always use pc in my room but after 2 or 3 days. I always see the micro dust particles on metal surface inside the case.
Not sure if those micro dust particles will stick to my Gpu or my entire motherboard or under heatsink etc.

Even after having hard full mesh panel at front. This problem is happening constantly.

How to prevent the same? If we can't then how to clean those micro dust particles. Because i used to clean the same over metal surface inside the case with damp wet cloth.

But i am not positive if those micro clogged particles stick to computer components or not. Its not visible with naked eye.

So how to get rid of this and how to clean the same over computer parts?

its a generation to generation problem 😂

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I would blow the PC out on occasion with some compressed air (maybe every 6 months).
That's it.
I wouldn't go overboard.
I have seen more people create problems by cleaning their PC than the dirt would ever have caused.
I got your concern. What you are trying to tell me. Even thanks for that.

But what is really bugging me. How to stop get the dust accumulate inside the pc even the hard mesh grill installed at front?

And moreover if those micro dust is getting accumulated on metal surface inside. Then obviously it will get stick to components as well. and you are suggesting to do the COMPRESSED AIR OVER THERE.

How to do that? What can i use to shower the compress air over components.

Cheers
Ryan

I got your concern. What you are trying to tell me. Even thanks for that.

But what is really bugging me. How to stop get the dust accumulate inside the pc even the hard mesh grill installed at front?

And moreover if those micro dust is getting accumulated on metal surface inside. Then obviously it will get stick to components as well. and you are suggesting to do the COMPRESSED AIR OVER THERE.

How to do that? What can i use to shower the compress air over components.

Cheers
Ryan
Let me start by saying...I work in a very dirty plant and I am responsible for many PCs in the very dirty plant.

There is no practical way to keep these machines clean.

The PCs get very dirty. A layer of dust and oil and dirt actually coats the components.

I rarely have problems with these machines.

My point is...a little dirt doesn't seem to cause me much trouble.

A lot of dirt doesn't even seem to cause me much trouble.

Now I am not saying that dirt doesn't cause trouble because it can.

....and I do clean my own PCs at home with compressed air about 1-2 times a year.

So this is what I recommend.

They sell cans of compressed air. You can use one of these.
OR
Any other way you can get compressed air.

Two things with this.
Make sure the air is clean. (It will be clean from a can of compressed air).
....and make sure you don't blow too hard on the components.

With a can of compressed air.....I find 1 to 2 feet away is about right.

This is all I would do.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Let me start by saying...I work in a very dirty plant and I am responsible for many PCs in the very dirty plant.

There is no practical way to keep these machines clean.

The PCs get very dirty. A layer of dust and oil and dirt actually coats the components.

I rarely have problems with these machines.

My point is...a little dirt doesn't seem to cause me much trouble.

A lot of dirt doesn't even seem to cause me much trouble.

Now I am not saying that dirt doesn't cause trouble because it can.

....and I do clean my own PCs at home with compressed air about 1-2 times a year.

So this is what I recommend.

They sell cans of compressed air. You can use one of these.
OR
Any other way you can get compressed air.

Two things with this.
Make sure the air is clean. (It will be clean from a can of compressed air).
....and make sure you don't blow too hard on the components.

With a can of compressed air.....I find 1 to 2 feet away is about right.

This is all I would do.
Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

but i am owning a gaming pc where dust can create too much problem like temps too high.

So any particular brand or model you can suggest of compressed air. Which works best?

Something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Falcon-Compr...ords=compressed+air+can&qid=1585766919&sr=8-2
They even sell something like this at Walmart where I live.
You can probably clean your PC 5-10 times with one can.

...and as I said....I agree dust and dirt can cause problems...but I don't get crazy about it.

If you blow it out once every 6 months or so...I don't think the dirt/dust will cause you problems....not even temp problems.

Solution