Question Micro freeze and static sound

GameofRones

Honorable
Jun 2, 2017
Hi!

This issue is driving me insane and Im in desperate need for a solution.

Description:
I boot my computer up as normal. Starts playing some videogames and after a while it micro-freezes and makes a short static sound in the headset. The freeze lasts about a second and the microphone blinks once while this happens. Afterwards it goes back to normal and freezes about every 3-5 minutes.
If I restart, the problem goes away. I've searched far and wide to provide fixes and tests that can alter the situation. Sometimes my wireless mouse stops working, and I have to replug the dongle to make it work. Event viewer doesn't pick up this issue.

Here is a list of things I've tried:
Stress test with Memtest86. The test lasted about 4 hours without any faults. (May try overnight)
Updated LAN driver as this has been causing issue for others with the same issue.
Updated firmware on M.2 storage.
Clean install of Win11.
Reseated RAM sticks.
Performed multiple possible fixes in CMD but to no avail.
Updated BIOS to lates version.
Underclocking CPU and GPU. (Currently using XMP2 profile)

Speclist:
Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 Motherboard
Intel Core I7-12700K CPU
Palit Gamingpro RTX 3080 GPU
Corsair RM850 850W PSU
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB RS x4 32bg RAM
Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 SSD
Sound BlasterX G6 External Soundcard
HyperX Quadcast USB Microphone

Cheers!

Lutfij

Titan
Starts playing some videogames and after a while it micro-freezes and makes a short static sound in the headset.
Can you state which titles the issue crops up in or does this happen to all titles on your platform?? Mind sharing where you sourced the installers for the games as well?

Updated BIOS to lates version.
For the sake of relevance, what is the version for your BIOS? Did you clear the CMOS after you've verified that the BIOS was updated successfully?

Clean install of Win11.
Where did you source the installer for your OS?