Question Micro-freeze in my pc

Pollostrio

Reputable
Apr 18, 2019
Hello.
I have micro freezes in my pc without reason.
Is a new pc that i bought in november.
When i play or not, i have freezes of 0.2 secs or less.
Is very weird because i test all the things with programs. Also i disconnect all the components and reconnect.
I think that is a w10 problem, but i dont want to format my ssd/hdd.

Its like this video (seconds 4-6) :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBtwHudKwDA

My pc specs:
gtx 2070 windforce
ryzen 7 2700x
ram 16gb 3200 cl16 corsair
motherboard msi x470 gaming pro
Psu corsair vs650 80+
ssd PNY CS900 240GB 2.5" 500mb-s1
hdd Seagate Barracuda 2Tb SATA3 64Mb 7200RPM

Sorry for my grammatical mistakes but i dont speak english very well.

Last edited:

Pollostrio

Reputable
Apr 18, 2019
Welcome to Tom's!
FYI, it is considered bad form to "bump" your own posts. be patient. If anybody has a possible solution, or questions, they will post.

What HDD (or SSD) do you have?

Hello, and sorry for bump the thread, i don't know that.

I have a ssd and a hdd.

My ssd is: PNY CS900 240GB 2.5" 500mb-s1
My hdd is: Seagate Barracuda 2Tb SATA3 64Mb 7200RPM

Some things to try:

Try disabling hyperthreading/ symmetric multitasking: yes, this sucks, but def helps with smoothness in some things here for me on an 8700k (like MadVR).

Some things to try to reduce CPU usage:

Reinstall your Nvidia drivers with only the graphics driver, and IF NEEDED, the HDMI sound and PhysX. Do NOT install GeForce Experience or 3D Vision items.. It's supposed to be able to override your settings for "optimized" ones, but optimized on their test hardware, not your hardware. This item also scans your drive for said games, taking up resources. This will also get rid of one source of background video recording. Do not install the 3D driver stuff unless you are specifically using it (like for Oculus Rift or similar)

Disable Win10's built in background video recorder.

Go into advanced power settings, set performance mode. Use the advanced properties to further set CPU min/Max states to 100%, and disable PCIe link state power management.

Disable Cloud saves and Synchronization in your Gaming Clients (Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc)

Disable ALL overlays in your gaming clients, Discord, etc

Disable OneDrive if you can live with that.

Turn off storage sense

Go to your settings tab if you haven't already and look at all options under all headers. Turn off functions you don't need.

Delivery Optimization is usually on. Seems to treat your PC as a torrent source for Win updates. Turn it off.

Some people have reported success with using Utimate Windows Tweaker using the "Security and Privacy" section, then the "Privacy" tab settings. I prefer a more granular approach but ymmv.

Services to consider disabling: (Some telemetry related, ymmv depending on your particular usage scenarios)

Anything Adobe depending on usage or setting to manual
NVidia telemetry (using autoruns is helpful here also)
Connected User Experiences
Delivery Optimization
dmwappushsvc
DNSClient (esp if running a large HOSTS file. If disabled, will disable Edge and probably the store as well)
Geolocation Service
Microsoft (R) Diagnostics Hub
Microsoft App-V Client
Net Tcp Port Sharing Service
Program Compatibility Assistant
Remote Registry
Routing and Remote Access
Shared PC account management
Smart Card
Superfetch (if using an SSD)
User Experience Virtualization
Windows Biometric Service
Windows Search (big hog that runs in the background)

Use Autoruns from Microsofts Sysinternal Utilities to see what is being autostarted. Many autostart items will NOT be listed conventionally in Startup. See what is being started up and what items specific to your system might be dumpable.

Disable Live tiles that you don't need.
Disable Background functionality for Apps that you don't need or Don't need them doing that.

Turn PreFetch off: (Requires going into the registry)

How invasive is your Antivirus? Many functions you can turn off in "helpful" all in one suites. YMMV of course depending on your usage habits. I run Avast for instance, but ONLY run the Web and File Shield because of my browsing habits/computer usage. Everything you don't need is background churn.

Using a program like W10Privacy to start turning off telemetry churn that windows only gives you SOME options available to turn it off. Programs such as these help so you don't have to go hunting a bunch of stuff in Group Policy Editor or dig in the registry.
Read the choices it offers though, some items you may want to keep on, even among the green items in W10Privacy. Run this one in Admin mode, and give it a bit to present the interface (it scans throughout the system 1st to find current settings before giving you the tweak menus) It only seems like it's locked up at first.

Not sure if it is the program you are using, but you can try Nvidia Profile Inspector to set limits either globally, on on a per title basis for things like frame rate limiting, etc. Settings best for one game may not be the best for another. Afterburner is nice, but overhead as well.
Settings created in NVidia Profile Inspector need to be reentered after every driver update btw.

Pollostrio

Reputable
Apr 18, 2019
Some things to try:

Try disabling hyperthreading/ symmetric multitasking: yes, this sucks, but def helps with smoothness in some things here for me on an 8700k (like MadVR).

Some things to try to reduce CPU usage:

Reinstall your Nvidia drivers with only the graphics driver, and IF NEEDED, the HDMI sound and PhysX. Do NOT install GeForce Experience or 3D Vision items.. It's supposed to be able to override your settings for "optimized" ones, but optimized on their test hardware, not your hardware. This item also scans your drive for said games, taking up resources. This will also get rid of one source of background video recording. Do not install the 3D driver stuff unless you are specifically using it (like for Oculus Rift or similar)

Disable Win10's built in background video recorder.

Go into advanced power settings, set performance mode. Use the advanced properties to further set CPU min/Max states to 100%, and disable PCIe link state power management.

Disable Cloud saves and Synchronization in your Gaming Clients (Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc)

Disable ALL overlays in your gaming clients, Discord, etc

Disable OneDrive if you can live with that.

Turn off storage sense

Go to your settings tab if you haven't already and look at all options under all headers. Turn off functions you don't need.

Delivery Optimization is usually on. Seems to treat your PC as a torrent source for Win updates. Turn it off.

Some people have reported success with using Utimate Windows Tweaker using the "Security and Privacy" section, then the "Privacy" tab settings. I prefer a more granular approach but ymmv.

Services to consider disabling: (Some telemetry related, ymmv depending on your particular usage scenarios)

Anything Adobe depending on usage or setting to manual
NVidia telemetry (using autoruns is helpful here also)
Connected User Experiences
Delivery Optimization
dmwappushsvc
DNSClient (esp if running a large HOSTS file. If disabled, will disable Edge and probably the store as well)
Geolocation Service
Microsoft (R) Diagnostics Hub
Microsoft App-V Client
Net Tcp Port Sharing Service
Program Compatibility Assistant
Remote Registry
Routing and Remote Access
Shared PC account management
Smart Card
Superfetch (if using an SSD)
User Experience Virtualization
Windows Biometric Service
Windows Search (big hog that runs in the background)

Use Autoruns from Microsofts Sysinternal Utilities to see what is being autostarted. Many autostart items will NOT be listed conventionally in Startup. See what is being started up and what items specific to your system might be dumpable.

Disable Live tiles that you don't need.
Disable Background functionality for Apps that you don't need or Don't need them doing that.

Turn PreFetch off: (Requires going into the registry)

How invasive is your Antivirus? Many functions you can turn off in "helpful" all in one suites. YMMV of course depending on your usage habits. I run Avast for instance, but ONLY run the Web and File Shield because of my browsing habits/computer usage. Everything you don't need is background churn.

Using a program like W10Privacy to start turning off telemetry churn that windows only gives you SOME options available to turn it off. Programs such as these help so you don't have to go hunting a bunch of stuff in Group Policy Editor or dig in the registry.
Read the choices it offers though, some items you may want to keep on, even among the green items in W10Privacy. Run this one in Admin mode, and give it a bit to present the interface (it scans throughout the system 1st to find current settings before giving you the tweak menus) It only seems like it's locked up at first.

Not sure if it is the program you are using, but you can try Nvidia Profile Inspector to set limits either globally, on on a per title basis for things like frame rate limiting, etc. Settings best for one game may not be the best for another. Afterburner is nice, but overhead as well.
Settings created in NVidia Profile Inspector need to be reentered after every driver update btw.

Hello, sorry for the late answer but are a lot of things to do in your list.

Don't work but i will reinstall w10.

Thanks for your help!