Question micro freezing in games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2021
Hi.
So my pc keeps randomly micro freezing in games, i've tried pretty much everything i know and it didn't fix the issue
what i tried :
  1. Reinstalling OS and manually installing chipset drivers \ direct x \ visuals c
  2. Reinstalling OS and letting windows download anything it needs
  3. Overclocking and turning off any useless feature in bios \ setting bios to default
  4. changing ram \ gpu \ mobo \psu (nothing helped)
  5. Optimizing windows \ power plans , hpet settings and so on.
  6. leaving everything on default (bios, ram and so on, even OS)
At this point i think my cpu is the reason.
Would appreciate any help and thank you.

Examples of what happens :
  1. https://streamable.com/uhcqth
  2. https://streamable.com/7k1t28
  3. https://streamable.com/7udq6n
  4. https://streamable.com/j5jhh3

PC Specs:

| CPU: i7 9700k
| GPU: rtx 3070 gamingpro
| Ram: crucial balistix 3000mhz (cl15)
| SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb (stuff) | samsung 970 evo plus 250gb (system) | samsung 970 pro 512gb (games and etc)
| Motherboard: msi z390 gaming edge ac
psu - seasonic focus plus gold 1000w

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't really understand the log either but someone might.

I'm running just 2 m2s right now.
I had same issue with only sata ssds

Was suggesting to remove them actually, both of them, and see if using only an sata drive might shed light on possibly being in and out operations on the pcie storage bus causing spikes. But if you tried only sata drive in use then probably not something to do with storage.

Have you tried using different usb ports for mouse/keyboard? Or even when spikes happen, remove the mouse and see what happens. Possibly even keyboard keys being used could be triggering something in the background.

Jan 25, 2021
I wouldn't really understand the log either but someone might.

Was suggesting to remove them actually, both of them, and see if using only an sata drive might shed light on possibly being in and out operations on the pcie storage bus causing spikes. But if you tried only sata drive in use then probably not something to do with storage.

Have you tried using different usb ports for mouse/keyboard? Or even when spikes happen, remove the mouse and see what happens. Possibly even keyboard keys being used could be triggering something in the background.
i'll try it but i'm not sure if its gonna help anyhow

Jan 25, 2021
I have the exact same issue as you please let me know if you solve it. Thanks
switched to new platform, 5600x and x570 rog strix - f
That was probably CPU based cus temps and so on were always cool, been monitoring all the time via hwinfo \ aida
plus tried different gpu,psu, drives , ram
even monitor :D

Cool Days

Honorable
Dec 3, 2015
switched to new platform, 5600x and x570 rog strix - f
That was probably CPU based cus temps and so on were always cool, been monitoring all the time via hwinfo \ aida
plus tried different gpu,psu, drives , ram
even monitor :D
Funnily enough that's the CPU I have. I updated my bios to version 3002 and the stuttering completely went away on all games then a few days later it came back again. Can't be a hardware issue but I have no idea what to do

Jan 21, 2022
Has anyone found a solution to this?! I have the same problem, Ive tried similar things as OP. Im also playing the same game as the clips you linked I mostly play destiny 2 and cod but I have that stutter in all games and doesnt matter which ssd the game is on. Ive rewired the pc and put new PSU, new GPU, new Ram, ran windows mem check, no issue. Temperatures are good. Pc passes all stress tests. The only thing left to replace is the mobo and the cpu. I really dont want to replace any more hardware as the computer seems fine except for the random micro freezes. It seems to happen when im about to fight someone and then i lose because of it lol