Question (micro) random slowdowns on high-end PC

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
Hey all. First i want to say that there are no hw problems because i have had the PC into for troubleshooting
My current problem,which Ive had some time, is that i get random PC slowdowns (delays when right clicking the desktop,
opening maps or files, etc.) Which are just "micro slowdowns" not freezing or taking seconds. I have a high-end PC so
I dont think this is normal behavior. Games however run smooth (If they are good optimized.) so this problem doesnt seem
to affect gaming. It can also go days without it, and I think the reason has to do with some kind of "sleepmode" of the drives,
or something like that. I wonder does anyone know this problem and have a solution?
Here are my PC specs= b550-plus , rtx 3070, 5800x3d, 32gb ddr4 3600mhz ram. 2x m2 ssd and 1x sata ssd.
Also "Userbenchmark" results are very good. 3dmark score is Average for my system.
I mostly notice these slowdowns the first 10-15 seconds after booting up my system.
however many times i dont have the slowdowns even after bootup
I d be happy if anyone knows a fix since it is a disturbing problem.
I have removed apps i dont need and i dont have many programs at startup.
The PC has been reinstalled many times, and antivirus does not detect any viruses.
Also task manager is Normal, too.
//

Last edited:

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS are you working with?

I have the latest bios version. Running windows 10. PSU is 750w corsair RM750x (2018)
The PC is a bit over a year old.
When I tried Ubuntu i did not have this problem. also windows 11 were a bit better, yet slower.
The system is ofc very fast etc, but has some slowdowns (like 1 second delays or smaller.)
I know that its not a big problem, yet im hoping to find solution to fix it.

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
Hey all I wanted to give the news about my problem with slowdowns now and then.
It seems to have been fully fixed when I changed to another monitor (1080p) instead of my 1440p.
I am using the same DP cable so its not related to that.
I wanted to give this news if people have similar problem and may get it fixed like I did.
God bless.
//

I had similar issues last night after switching from 1080p to 1440p. Spent a bit of time troubleshooting. I have an older b350 board that had a bios update, so I installed a 5900x.

What you were experiencing sounds somewhat similar to what was happening on my pc. I was getting buzzing noises and slowdowns at times, and my bluetooth usb device kept disconnecting. I ended up pulling an older wraith prism cooler from my parts and yanked out the tower cooler I had installed. Since the prism fires air downwards I suspect that it provides a little extra airflow to the vrms on the board which may have alleviated what was going on. Personally after using 1440p, I don’t want to go back to 1080p, especially since the monitor I bought I got a good deal, 250 for a 32 inch 1440p screen.

Reactions: shadowcat777