Question Micro Sd corrupted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 13, 2023
Since yesterday my sd card is no longer readable. I can see it on "disk management" but without giving me info (see screenshot) I tried chkdsk but it says "Cannot open volume for direct access". How can I do? I also tried with many software like:

Magic Partition recovery 2.3
Test disk 7.0
Disk Drill
IboySoft Data recovery
Workin Tool Data Recovery
Passist Std
Recoveryrobot
Disk Getor

Anything. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you

Jan 13, 2023
No, there is no 100% safe.

But something is better than nothing.
DropBox, OneDrive....all your data would have been safe. All you'd have needed was a replacement microSD.
DropBox, OneDrive are among the most "laundry" clouds in the world.
The replacement key is an impracticable solution for those who work 24 hours a day with the data on the key.
I update you

USAFRet

Titan
DropBox, OneDrive are among the most "laundry" clouds in the world.
The replacement key is an impracticable solution for those who work 24 hours a day with the data on the key.
I update you
I mentioned those only because that is a zero cost option.
Personally, I back up all my systems and drives to my NAS.

Schedule runs nightly, automated.

A couple of years ago, I had a 960GB SanDisk SSD die completely and suddenly.
605GB data on it.

Free warranty replacement, 100% of the data recovered exactly as it was at 4AM when it ran its nightly backup.
The recovery took about 90 minutes from the NAS to a new SSD.

Contrastingly, you are looking at an estimated $400 (how did you determine that cost?), for, at best, a maybe recovery.

Your call as to how you want to proceed in future.

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
Since yesterday my sd card is no longer readable. I can see it on "disk management" but without giving me info (see screenshot) I tried chkdsk but it says "Cannot open volume for direct access". How can I do? I also tried with many software like:

Magic Partition recovery 2.3
Test disk 7.0
Disk Drill
IboySoft Data recovery
Workin Tool Data Recovery
Passist Std
Recoveryrobot
Disk Getor

Anything. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you
A typical problem with sd cards is the contacts are exposed. If you touch them it easy to start some corrosion. Kindly remove the sd card and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser. Then wipe off the debris with a tooth brush soaked in alcohol. Get it clean, let it dry and try it again. The contacts should be shiny when your done. If not the treatment might not work.