Question Micro-stutter with RTX 2080 using Displayport ?

PlasticQuarters

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
For years i have been having an issue with microstutter in games. More so in games like csgo than anything else. My question is could it be gpu related? A bad dp ect. I have tried 6+ different dp cables vesa certified etc. Some seem better than others yet still have the issue. It doesnt seem to happen on my 60hz monitor compared to my 144hz. Nothing seems to fix it. I ordered a new monitor to see if it was specific to my current monitor and it made no difference. I have replaced every part in my pc over the last 2 years except for the power supply, cables, and monitor. Nothing has affected it. I am totally out of my depth. My pc benchmarks fine stress tests fine and seems to have no issues yet the microstutter never stops. It seems to be worse in multiplayer games yet still takes place in every game.

CPU: Intel i9 9900k
Motherboard: msi z390 ace
Ram: 32gb corsair vengeance 3000mhz
SSD/HDD: samsung 860 evo 1tb 1tb western digital black
GPU: evga ft3 rtx 2080 super
PSU: evga supernova 1000w gold
Chassis: Phanteks evolv x
Monitor: Asus ROG PG278QR 2k 144hz

here is a video of what happens when i play csgo its hard to see and i may need to record another but i get strange stuttering and the gameplay is never smooth https://share.vidyard.com/watch/2uPGM3x18QQhGuX7DPv97n?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS