[SOLVED] Micro-stuttering after Windows 10 update

Jun 6, 2021
A month ago I installed version 20H2 of Windows (available since October) and after installing, it said that "Something went wrong" but still carried on with the update.
Since then, every time I boot up my PC, I'm getting persistent micro-stuttering, both video and audio, on everything I'm doing. It usually stops after about 10 minutes but not always, and the stutter makes it so that I cannot even restart or shut down the computer normally, because it prevents the whole process.

On the update history, this showed up as failed to install
unknown.png

So I directed my attention to the AMD driver, which fails to update / repair
unknown.png

So I used the AMD cleanup tool and uninstalled the drivers and chipset and tried reinstalling it. It gave the same error message, but the driver did install after the restart, just not correctly and it still micro-stutters as usual.

I thought about reinstalling Windows altogether, but I don't know if it could work at this point or if it's something wrong with my GPU or my SSD, and not the update itself.

Specs:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
GPU: Radeon™ RX 580
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
111 GB SSD (base)
4 TB HDD split in 2 partitions
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

once you have USB, put it in the PC that isn't working right while windows is running
open file explorer (win + e)
navigate to USB and run setup
it will offer to update current PC
agree and see if the latest version update of win 10 fixes the problem.

21H1 is current, you a little behind

120gb ssd for boot starting to get a little small for win 10.

Jun 6, 2021
Oh, yes I did update to 21H1 (directly from my PC) a couple days ago. Forgot to mention that because my post was already too long.
I might be able to reinstall and fix the current version like this though, will try it when I get to another PC.
Should also get a better SSD (and maybe GPU as well). Wanted to do that anyway.
Thanks for the help.