Micro stuttering in all games

Jul 15, 2018
So two months ago i bought a new pc, specs are gtx 1070, amd ryzen 1600, and 8gb ram, i played pubg for a month without any perfomance problems, i didn't play any games for a while because of a problem with my old monitor so i bought a new one, i played and finished The WItcher 2 without any problems a few weeks ago and then i got to The Witcher 3 it was all fine until i got to the big cities and the game lagged as hell, the other day i entered the game and the lag was gone just some heavy stuttering happening, so i tried to fix that for quite some time until finally i managed to make the game run ''almost'' fine with some rare stuttering but i was still not satisfied, so i fiddled with the the game's config some more and then things got worse, some heavy fps drops now happens too, like from the 60 fps to 30, and i now i can't make the game work like before anymore, i used to run the game just fine with everything on ultra, except shadows on medium and hair works off on 50~~60 fps even in novigrad, it only drops to the 40's in some rare cases when it's raining heavy, i used to run the game on 1440p using DSR but the thing is even if i play in my native resolution 1080p and on the lowest possible settings stuttering still happens, the things i did where, capping fps( This seems to
make things worse) setting max pre renderized frames to 1 on nvidia control panel, i checked the temperatures and usage of my cpu and nothing seems abnormal, i tried other games just in case to see if the problem was there too and yes, The Witcher 2 a game that i finished just a few weeks ago without this thing, even with +100 fps it happens every time fps drops, for example a drop from
100 to 95, Pubg is the same thing and the stutters happen mostly in the beggining when in the plane and just after the jump when the map starts to load and in some cases fps drops to the 30's, so yeah i don't know what to do anymore, sorry for the whole book i wrote above and all the mistakes i'm tired of trying things the whole night, thanks in advance.

Jul 15, 2018
Yes i agree with you guys above, better ram and a ssd are the first things i will buy in a few months, but the thing is why could i play pubg some months ago without any stutters then ?? even on ultra, it's a online game i'm pretty sure i would notice if that happened, now the game is unplayable, and The Witcher 2 a few weeks ago too, i feel as if this because of the fiddling i did to make The Witcher 3 run better like changing somethings on nvidia control panel, enabling XMP on the bios (in my case DOCP) or because of some program running on the background that i don't know of, i tried unistalling all programs that i instaled between that time, scaning my pc with malwarebytes, and i did i fresh install of nvidia drivers after using display driver unistaller and nothing changed, now i'm playing Dark Souls 3, it happens there too mostly when i enter new areas the fps is 60 at all times but then the stutters happen and drops to like 57 and gets back up and randomly too but way less annoying than Witcher 3 where it happens every 3 steps i take in novigrad =/ but i will check the ram compability anyway, thanks

Try going to geforce experience game menu. Click on pubg details, next screen will have a wrench on the right side. Click on it and slide the marker towards performance and hit apply. Then play game see if that helps. You will have to repeat for each game with issues

Jul 15, 2018

It didn't work, to give another examples in pubg before, after i entered the server and controled the char it was smooth as butter i didn't feel any kind of stutter even if it was on ultra, now in the same case i can feel stutter after the spawn and after talking a few steps, i tested Dark Souls 2 SOTR there the fps is locked at 60 fps when the stutter happens it drops to 59 fps, so yeah even a game who my old pc handled just fine (Which honestly shouldn't be the case) the issue happens.

TRENDING THREADS