Question Micro Stuttering in almost every game.

wizacss

Prominent
Jul 27, 2022
Hello everyone,

Recently I've noticed that my PC has been micro-stuttering on a lot of games, I've also encountered audio crackles, which are subtle but kinda noticeable in some situations, especially in some games.

I've benchmarked my GPU on FurMark and honestly it doesn't seem like anything is wrong, I've reinstalled GPU drivers with DDU, reinstalled audio drivers, reinstalled chipset, updating the BIOS but none of these worked.

The only weird thing I noticed is that on https://www.userbenchmark.com/, the SSD was rated really low:
UserBenchmarks: Game 33%, Desk 74%, Work 26%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G - 60.7%
GPU: AMD RX 570 - 42.7%
SSD: 3 480GB SSD 480GB - 16.5%
RAM: Crucial BLS8G4D32AESBK.M8FE1 2x8GB - 85.2%
MBD: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B86)

As you can see only 16%, and this thing made me wonder if the SSD could cause such issue regarding stuttering and general audio problems.
I've also tried LatencyMon and the latency was average, no spikes at all.
I'd be surprised that the CPU or RAM would be creating such problems honestly, since the only used part I bought is the RX570.

At this point I've tried a lot of things and really don't know what to do honestly, I hope someone can give me some suggestions.

wizacss

Prominent
Jul 27, 2022
Oh and I tried using the iGPU instead of the GPU and the issue was still there, the system seemed overall "laggy".

Oh and strangely CrystalDiskInfo just says "Good" but I think that the sensor might be a cheap one on the SSD so it doesn't detect all that great.
rEBtqKm.png

wizacss

Prominent
Jul 27, 2022
Very high background cpu utilization.
Check, what is using your cpu.
Might be necessary to clean out malware/viruses.

Your SSD performance is abysmal. Check health of your SSD. Use SSD manufacturer SSD tool.
What model SSD is that?
Cheap brand, ASENNO. I was thinking about getting an M2 but I don't really know if it's the SSD's fault to be honest.
Just to let you understand, the temperature sensor always says 40C on the SSD, so I wouldn't really trust "Good" as the health status.

wizacss

Prominent
Jul 27, 2022
I just noticed on task manager that the "average response time" from the SSD spikes even to 50-100ms for half a second sometimes, it stays around 0.2-0.4ms but sometimes even 1-4ms, it is kind of spiking, is that normal? Might just be Windows acting up

Update: Just got myself a Samsung M2 500GB, even if it's not the SSD's fault for stuttering it's still worth changing this cheap <Mod Edit>.
I'll do a clean fresh installation of Windows 11 and see if the stuttering still occurs with the new SSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 28, 2023
I just noticed on task manager that the "average response time" from the SSD spikes even to 50-100ms for half a second sometimes, it stays around 0.2-0.4ms but sometimes even 1-4ms, it is kind of spiking, is that normal? Might just be Windows acting up

Update: Just got myself a Samsung M2 500GB, even if it's not the SSD's fault for stuttering it's still worth changing this cheap <Mod Edit>.
I'll do a clean fresh installation of Windows 11 and see if the stuttering still occurs with the new SSD.
Did you get it working. If not can you tell me with the stutters does your fps drop. And if not does your GPU utilization drop with the stutters.

wizacss

Prominent
Jul 27, 2022
Alright so, update, I did a clean W11 install on the Samsung M2 SSD and the issue was still there.
Games still stuttering but most importantly the audio still keeps popping and crackling, and I think these two issues are related one to another.

Alright so, update, I did a clean W11 install on the Samsung M2 SSD and the issue was still there.
Games still stuttering but most importantly the audio still keeps popping and crackling, and I think these two issues are related one to another.
Did you install those software pieces again?
VB-Audio virtual audio device,​
Rainmeter desktop customization​

Try without them.

wizacss

Prominent
Jul 27, 2022
Did you install those software pieces again?
VB-Audio virtual audio device,​
Rainmeter desktop customization​

Try without them.
I did not reinstall them, even after JUST installing windows, the crackling sounds came back, especially when sounds started playing/stopped, or even adjusting the volume.
They are not that audible but while watching a video you can hear some pops, or generally while using the PC.

I tried:
- Using the iGPU instead of the GPU;
- Applying new thermal paste;
- Reinstalling GPU drivers with DDU;
- Reinstalling Chipset Drivers;
- Updating BIOS;
- Reinstalling Windows 11 on a completely new SSD;

The system seems to run fine, but when I start playing some games it just freezes for some seconds sometimes, it's not that fluent overall.
And especially this audio bug is driving me insane, I don't know what could be causing it honestly, I tried disintalling some audio drivers but nothing.
My guess is that something in the BIOS is making this strange audio bug and causing that freezing sometimes, although I've flashed my BIOS multiple times.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS