Question Micro stuttering in every game - Ryzen 5 5600 / RX 6600

Jun 19, 2023
Hi everybody, so I am having a problem where every few minutes I experience micro-stutter that feels really bad while gaming.

I tried literally everything but can't seem to fix it.

I will list down all the components and information I remember to (if you need something else please ask and I will add it), I also recorded a video of it happening in game with time frame where you can see these random high spikes for no reason. (Most clear cases of it happening are at 1:53, 4:05, 8:09, 8:26 and so on..)

Specs:
MOBO - B450M DS3H
GPU - RX 6600
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (2x8 GB @ 3200 MHz)
PSU - Seasonic S12II 620W
SSD 1 - M.2 NVME Kingston A2000 (163 GB free of 232 GB) - System
SSD 2 - Samsung 870 EVO (323 GB free of 465 GB) - Games

Drivers - 23.5.2 AMD
Windows - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (Installed on 16.6.2023.) (OS build - 19045.2965)

Settings of the game are at the end of the video. (12:36)

VIDEO -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIi-yUYSlIM

And sorry for the atrocious gameplay I am new to the controller and trying it out a bit lol.

Thank you for your time!

D

Deleted member 2731765

It might be your current PSU from Seasonic.

Although, Seasonic does make good PSUs, the S12II/M12II are both old units, and compared to modern PSUs, they aren't built to the same standard as what units are today. That PSU model is an old design that lacks a lot of modern safety features as well.

It's not a terrible PSU though, but for modern systems/GPUs I would rather use some other latest high quality power supply unit.

NOT sure if anything has changed now with these Seasonic Models, but, at that time of it's release, it was a group regulated PSU, which means that it can't output its full power on the 12V rail and the 12V/5V rails, meaning during crossload the 5V rail or the 12V rail could get quite ugly or even go out of spec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2023
It might be your current PSU from Seasonic.

Although, Seasonic does make good PSUs, the S12II/M12II are both old units, and compared to modern PSUs, they aren't built to the same standard as what units are today. That PSU model is an old design that lacks a lot of modern safety features as well.

It's not a terrible PSU though, but for modern systems/GPUs I would rather use some other latest high quality power supply unit.

NOT sure if anything has changed now with these Seasonic Models, but, at that time of it's release, it was a group regulated PSU, which means that it can't output its full power on the 12V rail and the 12V/5V rails, meaning during crossload the 5V rail or the 12V rail could get quite ugly or even go out of spec.

That was actually my thought, but I was thinking of upgrading the MOBO first, then the PSU.

So should I replace the PSU first and then the MOBO?

The MOBO I was thinking about was the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 to get the AMD Smart Access Memory and its really dirt cheap in my country.

And the PSU I wanted to go with was the CORSAIR RM650x.

So should I upgrade the PSU first and after that the MOBO or the other way around?

Cheers.