Micro stuttering in games

Jul 19, 2018
I really need help. So I bought my pc refurbished from newegg about a month ago. These are my specs:

GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Driver version 398.36
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
16GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 60Hz Monitor
HP PC

My pc ran very fast but had this problem of micro stuttering in games. I mostly play fortnite which it stutter in. But it will also stutter in other games too. Its a stutter every second. I can upload a video of it if that would help. Ive looked at many forums and how to fix it and they havent work. My internet is good. The only thing is I could try wiring my internet to my computer? Would that help? Ive also change many setting but hasnt helped. So recently I completely wiped my computer and reinstalled windows because there was a chance I downloaded something that caused the stuttering. After the reinstall, it still micro stutters. There is a chance my pc/graphics card has a defect?? I cannot return this PC so I really need someones help/advice/suggestions. Thank you

Jul 19, 2018

I used to use a TV as a monitor and used a HDMI port and it still stuttered. Now I use a monitor that needs DVI-D port. There is only one of those ports on my pc tower

The onboard video (Intel) does not offer DVI connections, the GTX offers dual link DVI while your monitor accepts single link DVI. You must be using a DVI-I/D cable in the GTX dual link port.However you say there was stuttering even when the HDMI port on the GTX was used.
So IDK.
What about the ssd/hdd ? Have you looked at the health of your C drive ?

Jul 19, 2018

I have 2 ssd? They are both optimized? I dont not know what my C drive is or how to look at its health. Help?

jerrylee22

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
First thing, install the latest NVIDIA drivers with a "clean install" and see if that helps. Beyond that, you can try using lower graphics settings and see if that gets any better. Toggling VSync in game and with the control panel could help, too.
If you're overclocking (probably not?), try dialing back the overclock and see if it improves. The card may have been overclocked by default, depending on manufacturer and user. This could help diagnose the issue.

Another thing is that it could be thermal throttling - check the temperatures and make sure they're not too high on both the CPU and the GPU (they both need to be working in order to get solid performance).

Make sure the power cables are connected firmly to the card and that they are routed to the power supply. Sometimes re-plugging them can help. If you can reseat the graphics card on the PCIe x16 slot (should be the top one) that might also fix some issues you might be having. Look up in detail how to do this if you aren't sure.

Otherwise, for Windows 10 [at least Home], I personally noticed severe performance issues when the Microsoft Xbox Gaming Overlay was installed on my system (as is by default). You might see this as "Win+G" when you first launch a game.
After uninstalling the Xbox gaming apps and services using Powershell and Remove AppxPackage, I experienced a significant increase in performance, ranging from 2-6 times and it also removed micro-stuttering. Details below, if you're willing and can't find another explanation. That plus a restart fixed all of my issues with my graphics card.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3743271/low-fps-1080-windows-potential-solution.html

Jul 19, 2018

Thank you! I deleted the Xbox app, etc. and it didnt help. But I will look more into the rest tomorrow! ill gett back to you

Jul 19, 2018

Thank you again. But I have tried everything except going into my pc. I am still micro stuttering. I dont know if it might be Fortnite and the servers? But I will research my pc and figure out how to go inside and mess around. If you have any other advice for me in the meanwhile? It would be much appreciated