Question Micro stuttering in games

bheemarocks

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
Hello everyone, so I've been struggling with micro stuttering in my games, most notable in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I have a i7 9700k @ 4.6ghz and a RTX 3080 and I get about 70-75c on the processor in all my games. At first I thought it could have been the mobo VRM but temps are stable there. I have noticed through MSI Afterburner that my CPU sometimes throttles to 4.4ghz. I'm not sure if that's the problem but it is something I am concerned about. Any thoughts would help. Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard? Make and model and age of the PSU used? What sort of aftermarket cooling are you working with for your processor? Might also want to check two more things. First, the BIOS version you're on for your motherboard and second, the version for your OS. We're currently on the 20H2 for Windows 10.

You can use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers but you're advised to manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You can find the latest drivers for your RTX3080 from Nvidia's support site.

bheemarocks

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
Make and model of your motherboard? Make and model and age of the PSU used? What sort of aftermarket cooling are you working with for your processor? Might also want to check two more things. First, the BIOS version you're on for your motherboard and second, the version for your OS. We're currently on the 20H2 for Windows 10.

You can use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers but you're advised to manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You can find the latest drivers for your RTX3080 from Nvidia's support site.
I have a Asus z390-a motherboard, EVGA G3 750w 80+ Gold power supply, and a Corsair h115i cooler. Everything is almost two years old as I built the system in March of 2019. I have the latest Windows update and the latest graphics driver.

EndeligGnist

Prominent
Sep 23, 2020
I have a Asus z390-a motherboard, EVGA G3 750w 80+ Gold power supply, and a Corsair h115i cooler. Everything is almost two years old as I built the system in March of 2019. I have the latest Windows update and the latest graphics driver.
You might be power throttling. Try maxing out your CPU core/cache current limit and my package power limit/time window. All of these can be found in the BIOS settings. That should solve your problem.