[SOLVED] Micro-Stuttering in Games

Flipside_1

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016
I've recently upgraded my PC and have been noticing stuttering in some games and barely if at all in others.

My PC specs are:

R9 5900X at 1.25v AUTO
ASUS B550-e
Corsair 16GB LPX 3000mhz
EVGA FTW3 3080
Samsung 980 PRO 250GB - Boot Drive
Western Digital Black SN750 1TB - Game Drive
Corsair TX850M Power Supply

I've looked around and mostly all say micro-stuttering or stuttering in games point to the RAM however I'm looking to see if it could be anything else. Everything in the build is new in the past 2 months except the PSU (couple years) and RAM (1 year). Some games like Dying Light, Apex Legends, Rocket League, Shadow of the Tomb Raider run great without any stuttering during my short testing. Then other RAM intensive games seem to stutter more frequently making me believe its the RAM despite passing memtest86.

Things I've tried:

Windows fresh install - Twice (Plus a reset/deleting all files)
Disabling HPET
Disabling Game Bar and Game Mode
Running with nothing installed but the drivers and the game
RAM set on D.O.C.P at 3000 with 3000mhz and 1500mhz fclk
Loaded BIOS defaults to run at all stock settings
GPU at stock settings (undervolted rest of the time)

It's been an issue I've been trying to figure out for weeks since finishing my upgrade with the 5900x but to no avail and considering just throwing money at new RAM instead of troubleshooting longer. Also my monitors are a LG 27GL650 and LG 27GL83-A with 1440p being for playing games.

Last edited:
Solution
I've recently upgraded my PC and have been noticing stuttering in some games and barely if at all in others.

Also my monitors are a LG 27GL650 and LG 27GL83-A with 1440p being for playing games.
Didn't see your post until now otherwise I would have mentioned it earlier.

There is a multi-monitor bug in Windows 10 that is suppose to be fixed either in update 20H2 or the next major release after that. Disconnect or disable one of the monitors and the stutter will likely go away. I have the same issue when my TV is hooked up and I play games, but video content like streamed TV and Movie don't seem be affected or I never noticed like I did with games.

Also my monitors are a LG 27GL650 and LG 27GL83-A with 1440p being for playing games.

There is a multi-monitor bug in Windows 10 that is suppose to be fixed either in update 20H2 or the next major release after that. Disconnect or disable one of the monitors and the stutter will likely go away. I have the same issue when my TV is hooked up and I play games, but video content like streamed TV and Movie don't seem be affected or I never noticed like I did with games.

Solution

Flipside_1

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Thanks for the reply. I had upgraded my RAM and seemed to fix for the games but if I run into another game with the issue I'll try this.

TRENDING THREADS