[SOLVED] Micro Stuttering In PC Games - HELP NEEDED

Jun 11, 2020
So just after having a quick scan on the forums I can see that micro stuttering seems to be a fairly common issue but I have tried every 'solution' on every forum I could find and I'm still having the same issue.

Basically any game I run will run well over a solid 60fps if left uncapped but if I enable V-sync, I get stuttering. Sometimes the frame rate will drop below 60 but it seems to only be when I have V-Sync enabled. Most of the time though, even when it says I'm running at a locked 60, when I pan the camera, the background image becomes juddery and very nauseating.

Games this happens in (there're many but here are the recent ones I've tried):
Red Dead 2
GTA V
Assassin's Creed Origins
Deliver Us The Moon
Gears 5

It doesn't seem to matter how graphically intense the game is either. For example GTA V runs unlocked at around 90-120 fps at max setting @1440p. I get the same results if I drop the resolution to 1080 and low graphic settings. This doesn't seem to be a GPU issue.

My system:
Supermicro C7Z270-CG-L
i7 7700K (currently not overclocked to rule it out as an issue)
RTX 2060 SUPER
32GB (4x8gb) Patriot DDR4 2133mhz
EVGA 550W 80
Windows 10 installed to a 256gb M.2 drive
Games installed on a separate 500gb Seagate SSD

Here's what I've tried so far:
Re-installing windows
Deactivation 'full screen optimizations' in WIndows settings
Disabling 'dynamic tick'
Setting Rockstar launcher to Hibernate mode (the stuttering seem worst in GTA V & RDR 2)
Updating/rolling-back graphics drivers
Every possible combination of V-Sync/G-sync, enable or not enabled in-game or with the NVidia control panel.
probably other things that I've forgotten now.

I'm at an absolute loss now and I'm hoping that one of you lovely people is going to be able to give me the magic answer....
Much appreciated in advance!

Solution
Overclocking would be something that you might want to try out but I'm concerned over a couple of things.
EVGA 550W 80
EVGA is the brand while 550 is the wattage, 80(what) doesn't represent the quality of the unit. You'd need to specify the series of the PSU from which it came from. This is due to the fact that even higher tier EVGA units were faulty due to bad QC in a batch.

Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Which version of Nvidia's drivers are you working with?

Lutfij

Titan
Overclocking would be something that you might want to try out but I'm concerned over a couple of things.
EVGA 550W 80
EVGA is the brand while 550 is the wattage, 80(what) doesn't represent the quality of the unit. You'd need to specify the series of the PSU from which it came from. This is due to the fact that even higher tier EVGA units were faulty due to bad QC in a batch.

Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Which version of Nvidia's drivers are you working with?

Solution