Question Micro-stuttering in Valorant ?

Dec 2, 2022
So recently i got an issue with my in game Valorant gameplay a few days ago when i was playing a match my game suddenly stutters a lot which never happened before, i dont know what caused these stutters.
The stutters sometimes happen in different intensity, I turned on the in game Valorant performance stats, and turned out the game Latency (cpu) has many spikes in its stats. The pic stats is below:
THE PICTURE

My PC spec:
Ryzen 5 2600
RTX 2060
RAM 16gb

What i have tried:
  • Update my gpu and cpu chipset driver (uninstalled the previous driver with DDU)
  • Reinstall Valorant many times
  • I've turned off the HPET (surprisingly helped a little bit)
  • reinstall my Logitech mouse driver
  • I've checked my cpu and gpu in game temperature, they are about 65-70c.
  • disabled background process

This kind of thing was never happened before, ive tried many options but just helped a little bit.
Thank you, please help me i really appreciate any of your help :).

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
I would put the power setting to prefer maximum performance in your nvidia settings and see if that helps.
If it doesn't, make sure your Windows power plan settings is set to maximum performance, then test.
I would also run "sfc /scannow" in an elevated command prompt.

If the above does not work, run Windows update and update to the latest patch, which resolves known gaming performance issues brought on by the last big 22H2 update.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/141...rformance-is-mostly-fixed-microsoft-says.html

If all else fails, run a full system virus scan and/or look for keyloggers, if email and downloading is something you do often on this pc.

Dec 2, 2022
I would put the power setting to prefer maximum performance in your nvidia settings and see if that helps.
If it doesn't, make sure your Windows power plan settings is set to maximum performance, then test.

If the above does not work, run Windows update and update to the latest patch, which resolves known gaming performance issues brought on by the last big 22H2 update.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/141...rformance-is-mostly-fixed-microsoft-says.html

If all else fails, run a full system virus scan and/or look for keyloggers, if email and downloading is something you do often on this pc.
ok i will try

Dec 2, 2022

I've tried everything you have mentioned, also i just updated my bios, before tht i had to find out what ftpm is (which i still dont really understand) , because there was a warning note before i update my bios to disable ftpm. Any other advice to fix this? because the cpu lag latency spikes are still remain.

thats my cpu and gpu usage, any clue?
The usage is low on both cpu and gpu. I do not understand why you are getting those spikes. Usually this occurs when the cpu cannot keep up pace to send information to the gpu. You can try using the low latencey setting in Nvidia 3d settings. It has a couple of setting levels. Experiment with those. What resolution are you playing at and what is the frequency of the monitor 60hz 144hz? Another setting in the 3d settings to try would be vsync, it also has a couple of levels to experiment with.

Dec 2, 2022
The usage is low on both cpu and gpu. I do not understand why you are getting those spikes. Usually this occurs when the cpu cannot keep up pace to send information to the gpu. You can try using the low latencey setting in Nvidia 3d settings. It has a couple of setting levels. Experiment with those. What resolution are you playing at and what is the frequency of the monitor 60hz 144hz? Another setting in the 3d settings to try would be vsync, it also has a couple of levels to experiment with.
Im sorry i just answered, i dont know either what the problem is, both are always in low usage. Ive turned on the low latency settings in game also. Im so confused..... my monitor is 75hz.

Ok i will try, if this doesnt work should i do a fresh install? And also wipe out my ssd first.
I can't tell you to do a fresh install of windows for one game. And if you do no you don't need to wipe your ssd. Last thing is this a Steam based game? If it is you can try going into library and verify files. Perhaps it is missing a file or two, even if you reinstall it, can't hurt anything trying that.

Dec 2, 2022
I can't tell you to do a fresh install of windows for one game. And if you do no you don't need to wipe your ssd. Last thing is this a Steam based game? If it is you can try going into library and verify files. Perhaps it is missing a file or two, even if you reinstall it, can't hurt anything trying that.
I just tested in a few games, surprisingly there are some spikes too not only in Valorant, i tried to play battlefield 2042 and Death loops. There are many spikes when i play those games which are online and offline games, and i did fresh install before play them. I'm really confused, fresh install should fix it right? Could it be a Hardware issue?

here's my user benchmark after I did fresh install
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57193216

Tahe only anomoly i see from your benchmark is your gpu seems to be running at a low average.You can try simply reseating the gpu card also. Do you have or have you ever used MSI Afterburner? Perhaps overclocking your gpu may help a bit. What motherboard do you have? Is your bios up to date? You have done just about every other troubleshooting idea. When you are gaming open up task manager, and when you start getting the lag spikes and stuttering see if anything is taking up resources other than your game from the processor.

Jan 5, 2023
So recently i got an issue with my in game Valorant gameplay a few days ago when i was playing a match my game suddenly stutters a lot which never happened before, i dont know what caused these stutters.
The stutters sometimes happen in different intensity, I turned on the in game Valorant performance stats, and turned out the game Latency (cpu) has many spikes in its stats. The pic stats is below:
THE PICTURE

My PC spec:
Ryzen 5 2600
RTX 2060
RAM 16gb

What i have tried:
  • Update my gpu and cpu chipset driver (uninstalled the previous driver with DDU)
  • Reinstall Valorant many times
  • I've turned off the HPET (surprisingly helped a little bit)
  • reinstall my Logitech mouse driver
  • I've checked my cpu and gpu in game temperature, they are about 65-70c.
  • disabled background process
This kind of thing was never happened before, ive tried many options but just helped a little bit.
Thank you, please help me i really appreciate any of your help :).
hi Timi115,
did u find solution for your issue, i have same specs and same problem if you know what is the fix can u post it please
Thanks in regards

Dec 2, 2022
hi Timi115,
did u find solution for your issue, i have same specs and same problem if you know what is the fix can u post it please
Thanks in regards
Sorry i just replied to you, I decided to wiped my ssd then reinstalled everything. There were still many stutters and spikes but not as intense as before. After many valorant updates there are many of them but barely noticable.

Feb 1, 2023
Hello gang!
I've been experiencing A LOT of microstutters and also seen posts in different forums with people experiencing the same, even with top rigs.
Me personally (WIN11, Z690-PLUS MOBO, I7 12700K CPU, 32GB 3600MHz CL16 RAM and RTX 3080 GPU) was very frustrated with having the game running like a Pentium II when I was sitting on a Last Gen High End Rig.
There are hundreds of guides that tell you to edit systemfiles, update windows, disable this, disable that, you name it. And nothing seemed to work.
So THIS is what ACTUALLY WORKED for me:
The software called Process Lasso, made for Core Parking and CPU Priority etc.
So while in game, go into the Process Lasso Software, right-click on your Valorant-Win64-shipping-thingy.
  1. CPU Priority > Always > High
  2. CPU Affinity > Always > Disable Hyper-Threading
  3. Application Power Profile > Bitsum Highest Performance
Some of you might say this is old news and that you've seen players like TenZ do this, and yes, you are correct. This guide is for the ones that has done literally everything for their game and still experience the micro stutters.
This is what did it for me and now my game works runs incredibly good.
Just wanted to share this! Have a nice evening/morning/night, wherever you are from! Happy Fragging <3

Last edited:

Latest posts