Micro-Stuttering on GTX 670 2-way sli - What Should I Do?

ZaRodinu

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Hello,

I've had micro-stuttering in games with my current pc for as long as I've had it and just now it's starting to really annoy me.

I've noticed it in games like Battlefield 4, Company of Heroes 2 (This game is poorly optimized anyway, it doesnt support SLI). Is there anyway I can stop micro-stuttering? I've heard that somehow 3-way SLI can stop the issue, which sounds odd, considering that SLI usually results in micro-stuttering and I'd think more, the worse.

My specs are:

EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2 | 2-way SLI
3930K @ 3.8 ghz
Corsair 8GB 1600mhz

Thank you in advance for any helpful tips!

ZaRodinu

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

Hello,

I have the latest drivers, yes. Disabling SLI helped the micro-stutter go away in Battlefield 4, but of course the downsides are the lowering of FPS.

God, if I only would have known the downsides of SLI...

GEO147

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013

I just got my second ASUS GTX 670 today and set sli up. The original card was an OC version with 1058 stock clock (this card is boosting to 1241 according to GPU Tweak). The second is a TOP version of the same card with 1137 stock clock (this card is boosting to 1201). The TOP version card is running in the top slot and when in sli it looks like my OC version card is boosting up above the TOP version. The game has been really stuttery too with vysync enabled in BF4.

Should I have the higher speced card in the top slot like I do? Is there anything else I need to do? I have set the cards to SYNC in gpu tweak but not sure if I should or not?

I knew this probably wouldn't be as simple as plug and play but wasn't expecting the issues im getting!!