[SOLVED] Micro Stuttering (Unstable FPS) in Games.

Feb 27, 2019
Hey Guys, I have bought a new PC and I was so excited to play games on it. But then I noticed some micro stutters during game-play. Games like Battlefield V, Assassins Creed Odyssey, PUBG, the FPS goes 60 FPS+ but I do notice some micro stutters in games. I thought lowering the settings will resolve the problem but it didn't do the work. TBH, even in Very Low settings I notice micro stutters. I have tried disabling background apps, turning off SysMain, Windows Update, and even I have created an emptystandbylist to clear RAM cache. But it didn't help.I have checked my PageFile and it is system managed and the currently allocated is 7424MB. Can you please help me with this problem??? Thank you in advance. Please find my PC Specs below.

My PC Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H with Latest BIOS Update.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 8GB DDR4 RAM 2400 Mhz(1x8) Single channel
GPU: INNO 3D Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC
PSU: Cooler Master 450W 80+ Bronze
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard disk (I don't have SSD)
PageFile: 7424MB
Monitor: Samsung LED Curved with AMD Freesync (72hz)

If any information is missed please let me know.

Last edited:
Solution
1 possible problem is you have gimped your cpu with slow single channel ram. Ryzen needs fast(ddr4 2933 or faster) duel channel ram to perform it's best.
Feb 27, 2019
1 possible problem is you have gimped your cpu with slow single channel ram. Ryzen needs fast(ddr4 2933 or faster) duel channel ram to perform it's best.

Hey buddy thanks for the reply
Currently i have Gskill Ripjwas V 2400Mhz
Is it okay to buy the same ram again ??

Feb 27, 2019
You can, but it may/may not work - it's not always that simple.

Speed, coupled with dual channel is what's going to help you here. 2933MHz or greater, as has been stated.
Hey buddy
Thanks for the reply
Already I have a 8gb 2400mhz ram
if possible can I buy the same gskill ram and overclock it ??
Will that help?
Cause in my country (India) I cant sell my old ram.

Feb 27, 2019
If that ddr4 2400 was capable of running at higher speeds with decent timings and voltage then it would have been clocked and sold at a higher speed.
Hey bro
I tried overclocking my ram to 2933mhz and I have set voltage and timings to Auto
And yeah it works, I tried some games and it worked. But I still see the micro stutters, maybe I should add another ram, but I noticed a difference and I was playing for an hour and more and I didn't see any freeze. All I notice is the micro stutter

Mixing RAM not bought as a kit is risky. It might work ok, it might not. RAM should be bought in matched kits to guarantee it will work without issues. The best option is sell your RAM and buy a 2x8gb kit of 3000mhz or higher. With one stick you cannot run dual channel, dual channel has double the bandwidth and impacts Ryzen a lot.

Feb 27, 2019
Mixing RAM not bought as a kit is risky. It might work ok, it might not. RAM should be bought in matched kits to guarantee it will work without issues. The best option is sell your RAM and buy a 2x8gb kit of 3000mhz or higher. With one stick you cannot run dual channel, dual channel has double the bandwidth and impacts Ryzen a lot.
If I buy the same again, will it do ??

Feb 27, 2019
Exactly. Running a single stick is not recommended. 2400mhz dual channel will work but faster RAM improves cpu performance with Ryzen.
Got it buddy
I'll try to get a dual channel ram
Thanks for the tip. I'll update you when I get a dual channel ram. Right now I am planning to sell my old ram, so i think i need to wait.

Feb 27, 2019
Some games are recommending 16gb with the minimum being 8gb. If you have the budget for 16gb (2x8gb) I would get that, it will last you much longer.

As for brand it doesn’t matter. Try to get RAM that is on the support list for your motherboard.
Alright thanks buddy,
Will update you when I get a new RAM

TRENDING THREADS