Micro-stuttering?

dreadloxx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Ok i have been researching alot about why Call of Duty WaW starts stuttering while in multi-player. It's hard for me to describe but when i play i will be at 60fps (v-sync on) and all of a sudden it lags for a second and i get shot in the head. This happens very randomly also(not a constant stutter) It doesnt happen in any other games. It seemed to start happening after i replaced my hdd. Ive read that crossfire/sli will cause this but i had my crossfire before i replaced the HDD and i never noticed it. I have very good ping and a great internet connection so i ruled that out. my specs are

Phenom II 955 3.2ghz
Asus m3a78-t mobo
2 HD 4870 1gigs CF (newest drivers)
Western Digital caviar black 1tb
OCZ platinum 8gigs 800mhz
Corsiar HX850w psu
Antec 1200 case

I know some people are having similar problems but i havent found a fix for it yet....anyone have any idea's.

dreadloxx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
thank you for the responses. I am hard line connected. Yes my old drive was a 320gig. that makes sense about it having to search for the cache data. ill have to mess around with the file swap setting even though i know nothing about it yet. guess its time for some more googling :)

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Ok here's my 2 cents on this issue.

I had a Sapphire 4850x2 2gb card. Monster of a card, both physically and performance wise. Ran all games at highest settings. But something wasn't right ..... I kept getting small lags in most games. Started to do some searching only to find out about the micro stuttering issues with dual card setups. Did some tests, like turning off CrossfireX to see if I would get the same lag problems with only 1 gpu working. Well with one gpu the stuttering problems went away. In all games.

Also had a friend who had 2 x 4870 in Crossfire. He had the same issues I had and I remember him saying exactly what you said about CODWAW multiplayer.

I sold my ATI card and bought a BFG GTX275. No more stuttering problems :) And I am a happy gamer once again !