[SOLVED] Micro Stutters (Both online and offline)

Viegaard

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Hello!

I made a post some time back but never found a solution. I have updated the list of fixes I have attempted - Still no luck.

What happens is: I run around ingame, any game (CSGO, LoL, Dota2, Siege) and for a split second I get a little "micro stutter" from what I can see I do not get any major FPS drops whilst it happens (no drop above 5-15 FPS) and my Latency/Ping doesn't spike either.

I am normally not a picky guy, but I paid alot of money for this PC and the games I play demands a stable experience in order to win.

Specs:

CPU: i9-9900k
GPU: nVidia RTX 2080
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Memory/RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB PC3200
Monitor: ASUS PQ279Q - 144 HZ.
SSD: Samsung Evo 970 NVME

--------------------------------------------

Things I have tried - In random order:

• Re-installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit and updated ALL drivers.
  • Disabled HPET via command prompt.
  • Disable Dynamictick via command prompt.
  • Disable Game Precense Bar Writer via a process that involves changing the name of the .exe file so it doesn't start.
  • Disabled both G-Sync (Normally ON) and Vsync (I normally have it OFF, but I have tried turning it ON).
  • Done a shutdown of tons of services (recommended in a guide online)
  • Done changes to the Ethernet Adapter advanced settings.
  • Disabled / Turned off all the trashy settings Windows 10 comes with including uninstalling Windows apps via PowerShell.
  • Updated ALL Chipset, NVME, GPU, Onboard Sound/LAN drivers.
  • Power Settings - I have tried both Normal, Performance and "Ultra" a mode I had to do something to get out.
I have also tried capping the FPS at 2-3 FPS below the Monitors Refresh Rate to make sure G-Sync is always active.

It's only a few months old and I am leaning towards sending it back and asking them to take a look at it.

I don't know if this is "legal" but I am offering 50 US Dollars to the person that comes with the fix that once and for all removes this annoyance.

I will be recording and uploading some video of what it looks like in action.

Best Regards, Thomas 'wBoop' Andersen.

NB: I have ofcourse watched the temperatures of the GPU/CPU/Motherboard/SSD in HW Monitor and 1st party programs whilst gaming and nothing spikes out of the ordinary.

Solution
Hi!

Did you found a fix ? I'm having the same issue with my PC.

I tried a tons of things like (You can try these if you haven't, maybe it will fix it for you):
  • Clean Windows 10 install / Backup to Windows 10 1803 version (I'm on 1903) still the same
  • DDU Nvidia drivers, reinstalling old drivers like 399,07
  • Disabling HPET
  • Turning off some Windows services
  • A lot of different settings in Nvidia
  • Updated BIOS
  • Disabled TurboMode on CPU
  • XMP Profile ON or OFF
  • Tried with old GPU (It's a GTX 780, so I don't know if it's really reliable)
  • Re applied thermal paste on CPU
  • Tested another PCIE Slot for GPU
  • Tried with different monitor
  • Unpluged all my devices
  • Tried with 1 RAM STICKS at a time

The...

Viegaard

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
I would suggest you to send it back, since its still under warranty. That is my answer.

It's annoying. Already had to send it back once since they had put the wrong RAM/MEMORY in. It's a shame because apart from the Microstutters that happens like 2/3 times every 60 seconds. This PC runs ANYTHING at Ultra with loads of FPS.

Could it be the monitor itself causing the micro stutters?

Aug 11, 2019
Hi!

Did you found a fix ? I'm having the same issue with my PC.

I tried a tons of things like (You can try these if you haven't, maybe it will fix it for you):
  • Clean Windows 10 install / Backup to Windows 10 1803 version (I'm on 1903) still the same
  • DDU Nvidia drivers, reinstalling old drivers like 399,07
  • Disabling HPET
  • Turning off some Windows services
  • A lot of different settings in Nvidia
  • Updated BIOS
  • Disabled TurboMode on CPU
  • XMP Profile ON or OFF
  • Tried with old GPU (It's a GTX 780, so I don't know if it's really reliable)
  • Re applied thermal paste on CPU
  • Tested another PCIE Slot for GPU
  • Tried with different monitor
  • Unpluged all my devices
  • Tried with 1 RAM STICKS at a time

The only things I haven't tested is
  • Replacing CPU
  • Another motherboard
  • Another PSU

Solution