Question Micro stutters in games and also Windows

icy_fox

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Hey there! Recently, I have been having micro stutters in games, even though there are no noticable FPS drops. These drops happen especially when something physical appears on screen (a new enemy or the Enemy Slain sign in League of Legends) and can sometimes be seen as a frame spike on the graph, but not always. Reducing the visual quality doesn't improve it, so I'm not really sure this is a GPU issue to begin with. It's a fresh install of Windows with drivers uninstalled with DDU several times, I have also tried different versions of drivers, but nothings seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

P.S. also tried detecting the problem with Latencymon, in most games the Highest reported DCP routine seems nvlddmkm.sys, while specifically in League of Legends, it is dxgkrnl.sys. Don't know if it matters, the latency is around 400,7 microseconds for both...

Thanks for any suggestions on diagnosing or fixing the issue!

icy_fox

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
it might be a game thing, not a whole pc thing

do you have v sync enabled within the games?
It's happening in Windows too, when scrolling or moving windows around... I have v sync on in most games, and it makes it better but doesn't fix it. However, in more competitive games, v sync is not an option due to the added latency...