[SOLVED] micro stutters rtx 3080 help!

Nov 3, 2020
Hello, I am having a stutter problem with the rtx 3080 palit game pro, on certain occasions there is a drop in fps, I wanted to know if the cause of the problem could be the monitor (it is from the year 2009 Samsung syncmaster P2370) maybe I need a new one.

I would be very grateful for your answers since I have no idea why this happens.

thanks !

pc specifications

i9 10900k 4.9 ghz
z490 aorus master
psu seasonic 850
ddr4 HyperX predator 3200
ssd m2 evo 1tb
rtx 3080 palit game pro 10 gb

Solution
Yeah, the monitor is extremely unlikely to be at fault here. The problem with the monitor is a different one in that it's an utterly bizarre choice to be pairing with a 3080.

mixito

Prominent
Nov 3, 2020
make sure u have latest windows version (20H2), try ddu nvidia drivers and perform clean install, try using different 3d settings in nvidia panel, make sure your power settings is on max performance. If there is no problem just make a fresh windows install, maybe u have many background programs running. Also check your temps. Hard to say exact fix when stutters need so much investigation.

Nov 3, 2020
Thank you very much for your answer, I already tried everything you describe in your message, the temperatures are normal, so I thought it could be the monitor since it is old, these stutters are present in the red dead redemption 2 in populated areas. , I don't know what could be the cause ...

Nov 3, 2020
Check your GPU mhz when running the games because the thing about my 3090 it gose over 2000mhz and have to downclock it due to lags and shutters!
I'm going to try and see what happens. Maybe it's because of the overclock of the i9 is at 4.9 ghz .. honestly I don't know where the problem can come from ... it's very strange ...