[SOLVED] Microcenter Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Rumblefish

Distinguished
May 27, 2012
I’m planning a new build and I’m curious if anyone has any experience with Microcenter around these two big shopping days. Their prices tend to be pretty good anyway and I’m wondering if I should wait. I sort of want to get started on the build but it’s not too far away and I could summon up some patience if the deals are worth it. If I’m only going to save $10 bucks here and there I‘d just as soon get started. Then there’s the rest of the internet to consider.

I’m hoping to find a good deal on a 2080 Super and I‘m thinking of a Ryzen 7 3700X then fill in the blanks with whatever. Also a 1440P/144hz monitor.

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Solution
My colleagues have great experiences with them and they can't say enough about how well their prices are. I think 10USD is the least you can expect in terms of discounts. Combo deals can be had and prices are better that way.

Key thing, is, you need to know what you're looking for and what you want to buy :)

Lutfij

Titan
My colleagues have great experiences with them and they can't say enough about how well their prices are. I think 10USD is the least you can expect in terms of discounts. Combo deals can be had and prices are better that way.

Key thing, is, you need to know what you're looking for and what you want to buy :)

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
While I really do enjoy having a MicroCenter on the other side of town and their prices are generally pretty good, if you're looking at specific model numbers, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for BF/CM. Personally, I can't stand BF/CM and if at all possible, I avoid all retail outlets for the two weeks surrounding Thanksgiving.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Rumblefish

logainofhades

Titan
Also, if you keep an eye out, for their open box items, you can snag good deals, and get full manufacturer warranty. Even got the $30 discount, with open box boards. They have to apply the discount at the register, as it will not show up, online. Just be sure to fully inspect, what is in the box.

Reactions: Lutfij

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Also, if you keep an eye out, for their open box items, you can snag good deals, and get full manufacturer warranty. Even got the $30 discount, with open box boards. They have to apply the discount at the register, as it will not show up, online. Just be sure to fully inspect, what is in the box.

I'm always impressed by just HOW MANY open box motherboards they have in store. Since they are reselling them all this tells me is that there is a very large number of people who failed at putting legos together as a child. Because especially these days, this is really pretty simple and hard to mess up.

logainofhades

Titan
Yes, I have yet to get a DOA component, via open box deals. I just did 2 of them, one for a friend, and another for his son, $79.99 Ryzen 5 1600 with Asrock B450m Pro4, and a $159.99 2700x with Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi. Both worked, just fine. The bios was horribly out of date, on both, but that wasn't a big deal. Both are enjoying their upgrades.

TRENDING THREADS