Question Microfreezing in Apex ?

gagi4253

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
Ok so i have no clue if this is CPU or GPU problem, but today i've got some kind of microfreezing, my 1% lows were like 6,7fps.
Yesterday after i updated BIOS to latest version since my new cpu is coming, there were no problems, game runs as expected.
I noticed when microfreeze happen my gpu clocks drop down to 0mhz, i tried with putting minimum clock up to 2300mhz and issue was still there, clocks were not going to 0,yet still microfreeze.

Specs:
b450 Tomahawk non-max
Ryzen 5 2600,
RX 6600
16gbs 3200

Ok so i have no clue if this is CPU or GPU problem, but today i've got some kind of microfreezing, my 1% lows were like 6,7fps.
Yesterday after i updated BIOS to latest version since my new cpu is coming, there were no problems, game runs as expected.
I noticed when microfreeze happen my gpu clocks drop down to 0mhz, i tried with putting minimum clock up to 2300mhz and issue was still there, clocks were not going to 0,yet still microfreeze.

Specs:
b450 Tomahawk non-max
Ryzen 5 2600,
RX 6600
16gbs 3200

Try the 5.1 driver. (May) It has a big update to help with micro stutters.

You need to be careful when increasing clocks. It might sound counter intuitive, but increasing clocks (especially on memory) can cause MORE stutters. This is because it increases the rate of errors, and modern day GPUs/memory will try to go back and correct those errors. This takes up valuable clock cycles. Always run it at stock. Also, try see how much VRAM you are using. If you are near the limit, I would lower texture quality a notch or two.

gagi4253

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
@kurdtnz @digitalgriffin
Hey, sorry for late reply, but i got it fixed with,
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjnF-bVYUdw
, my ram memory was cached at 12gb out of 16. This fixed the issue and i have no more problems, oh and i turned off fast startup in windows, but i belive cache thing was making some trouble! Thank you for trying to help me guys a lot!

For bios version i am not sure which i had but i am sure it was some old one, i think i never updated mobo, i got it updated to the latest since 5600x is coming in 1 day.