MicroHDMI not working when connecting laptop to TV

berseker_96

Honorable
Nov 18, 2018
I've just bought a MicroHDMI adapter as I wanted to display the screen of my laptop (Asus ZenBook UX430UA-GV408T, Intel Core i5 8250U, RAM 8 GB) on the TV screen. As I just had a HDMI cable, buying an adapter seemed to me the idea.

The problem is that it does barely work. The HDMI cable is perfect, as I use it for the PS4 and for another laptop and everything always work. With the adapter and the laptop mentioned above, it doesn't. Connecting the cable with the adapter and pressing win+p to select second screen or any other option simply changes nothing, as no second screen is detected. Trying it with right click on desktop and selecting intel graphics config, I manage to get the second screen detected, but only when it is off. As far as I switch it on, the screen is displayed for some seconds and it disconnects again, not being detected until I switch it off again and press the detect button on the intel config app.

Any solutions? I've read the MicroHDMI creates lot of problems comparing to the base HDMI.

Edit: All drivers updated

I have a laptop that is fussy about connecting hdmi output to a video display. Here's the only way I can get it to work ... I can't explain why but it is what it is ... so it might be worth trying with yours:

PRIOR to booting laptop ... connect laptop to tv .... turn on tv and select the input that your hdmi input from laptop is connected to .... ONLY then boot up laptop .... in my case, tv is now detected and usable as second monitor.

berseker_96

Honorable
Nov 18, 2018

Unluckingly is not working for me. Same situation as before. That's one of those weird solutions sometimes solve the issue. That's what I had to do with the older laptop with Win8 to enable the sound. I'll keep trying these kind of things. Thanks for the reply!