Question Micron PC win98 Questions

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
So last night I found a truly beautiful micron pc in mint shape . It was unbelievable really . I've been looking online for the specs and can't come up with much.
My question : Anyone here know much about these old pcs? Or know a good site where I can learn about the components. I would like to beef it up to the maximum of what it will take . Maybe upgrade to win 2k ( lol )

A PC from the Windows 98 era isn't going to be much good for hardware upgrades on account of old technology which is no longer supported. This essentially means changing the motherboard as a starting point ---- and if you do that you may as well start off with a whole new build.

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
A PC from the Windows 98 era isn't going to be much good for hardware upgrades on account of old technology which is no longer supported. This essentially means changing the motherboard as a starting point ---- and if you do that you may as well start off with a whole new build.
I should've specified better . I want to keep it authentic with hardware from that time . I'm not looking to get any real use from it . It's more so for novelty / collection purposes . A vintage corner in my dinning room . I just want to make it the best it can be from that era . Thanks !

EDIT: If there is no upgradability from old salavaged hardware . That's alright too 😊

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
It could have any number or combination of parts inside. "Micron" sold hundreds of different configurations.
You'll have to take it apart and see what is in there.
I took a peak last night , I know it has a intel celeron I believe , and some type of ram stick I'm not familiar with . I'll boot it up when I'm off work to give you full details

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
Not boot up. Disassemble.

Take the side panel off and look.

It almost certainly needs cleaning out, and even if it boots up (20 year old PSU?), it won't tell you all of the parts.
I already looked inside . It's clean . There's not so much as a hair . I'll take some pictures after work and look for a model number on the mobo