Micron's CEO Dies in Plane Crash Friday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is sad news. We should all stop and take a moment to pray for his friends and family whom he left behind.

Rest in peace, Steve.

just-be-cause

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]thousands of people die of hunger everyday and no one cares. a CEO that has a private jet dies and it's all over the news.[/citation]
No one said anything about not caring about anyone else who dies for any reason. This article is about this man's death because it's relvant to many other's lives and financial well being. His death is just as sad as all of the others, so that part is also included to be respectful while reporting the news that they will need to get a new CEO.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]CKKwan[/nom]Sad news. Small planes are really not safe for travelling...[/citation]
More like small kit planes are not safe for travelling. Key word "KIT". It's not the same as a factory made Cessna or Piper. Kit planes don't get as stringent safety regulations because their categorized as experimental by the FAA. Add in the fact that those Lancair's have some of the worse safety records, and you're playing with fire. For the vast majority of private planes, your only as safe as your pilot.

sarcasm

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
RIP Mr. Appleton. Sad, we just got recent orders from their company too. Condolences goes out to his family and friends.

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
yes it is said, I own a glasair and sold my lancair because it was a dangerous aircraft on takeoff and landing, I have around 12000 hours on the glassair and lancair types and the lanciar should never be flown by anyone in experienced, It scares the crap out of my, the one I sold crashed 2 times on 2 years, now I own a glasair MUCH safer airplane.

Phillip

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]yes it is said, I own a glasair and sold my lancair because it was a dangerous aircraft on takeoff and landing, I have around 12000 hours on the glassair and lancair types and the lanciar should never be flown by anyone in experienced, It scares the crap out of my, the one I sold crashed 2 times on 2 years, now I own a glasair MUCH safer airplane.[/citation]

12,000 hours in Glassairs and Lancairs? Twelve thousand hours??? I have a bridge for sale. :)

G

[citation][nom]lang15[/nom]Hope my Crucial m4 SSD doesn't crash like that...[/citation]

no it probably won't but that gallows humor comment will since tom's is removing them.

seriously, get over it toms, thumbs down to you.

lang15

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]looniam[/nom]no it probably won't but that gallows humor comment will since tom's is removing them.seriously, get over it toms, thumbs down to you.[/citation]

:)

albert001

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
So crazy. I know his father through the food manufacturing industry. Even stayed at top end house he owned in Maui at one time. Saddened for his family.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
News like this pisses me off. I used to engage in all sorts of risky activities when I was younger (flying ultralights was one). Now that I'm married and have a family I've given up on them simply because I don't want to leave them without a husband/father.

People say he died doing what he loved. Did he love taking risks more than he loved his family?

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]News like this pisses me off. I used to engage in all sorts of risky activities when I was younger (flying ultralights was one). Now that I'm married and have a family I've given up on them simply because I don't want to leave them without a husband/father.People say he died doing what he loved. Did he love taking risks more than he loved his family?[/citation]
You don't become CEO of a company while being afraid to take risks. Besides, driving in a car is by far more dangerous than flying in an airplane.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Its sad i hate to hear of any one passing away. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

(On a side note when i read the headline Micron looks like it says Moron >_< could be my eyes i've been up all night lol)

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Sad to hear and the way he went is less than desirable. 51 is still quite young... my condolences to his family.

It is a shame to see some people will stoop so low when attempting to troll that they would joke about another persons death. How desperate for attention are you if you must resort to that low? It doesn't make people angry, but rather just pity you.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I'm very sad for his kids. Having extremely high risk hobbies when you are a father is simply selfish and reckless. The best parent has the guts to risk not doing something and missing a personal thrill to be there for your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.