[SOLVED] Microphone Background noise won't go away.

ShawnSMB

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014
I have quite a bit of background noise coming from my microphone, so much that even if I was to max out the noise suppression in OBS, there's still noise coming through. The only thing that could be producing noise would be my computer. My computer does produce a fair amount of noise, but it should not be nearly as much as the microphone picks up. I am beginning to think it is a hardware issue. The only thing is, I already upgraded my microphone and cables, so the only thing left is the phantom power supply or the computer itself. Any tips?

I have the Audio Technica AT2020, but I had the same issue with my previous microphone as well. I also have the Neewer 1-Channel 48V Phantom Power Supply.

Solution
Usualy the on-board audio chip could get noise from motherboard. I mean electrical noise not audible noise (from fans).
You`ll need a motherboard with separated audio PCB lines (like Asus Z170-Premium), or a dedicated audiocard (soundblaster, xonar, xfx, turtlebeach, etc).
Also you can check for good grounding of computer case and using a UPS would help reducing noise from power.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Usualy the on-board audio chip could get noise from motherboard. I mean electrical noise not audible noise (from fans).
You`ll need a motherboard with separated audio PCB lines (like Asus Z170-Premium), or a dedicated audiocard (soundblaster, xonar, xfx, turtlebeach, etc).
Also you can check for good grounding of computer case and using a UPS would help reducing noise from power.

Solution