[SOLVED] Microphone buzz while using it

non_near

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Hello guys! So , I have a problem... Whenever I am on discord , as an example , and trying to speak to my friends , there's a constant buzz in the background. When I touch the case of my pc the buzzing diminshes. When I touch my phone it spikes. When I touch my phone plugged in the same central socket as my pc my voice is inaudible because of the buzzing. I dont have any exprience in electricity but I bet there s grounding issues. Help? I am using a Genesis H-series jack headphones.

Solution
Grounding issues always came from PSU, check that screws that holds the PSU in place are not colored, soo they have metal to metal contact, check if the plug (Not extender), the main plug is grounded.
Or call electrician.

non_near

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
@Robert Ban . I've checked the PSU. It is being held by silver metal screws which are inserted from the outside of the pc case. I don't know if the buzz is still there or not but I've recorded my mic and took a skype voice test and everything seems fine...

In theory as musicians do, if they do not tape the "Earth" the instruments will provide Buzzing noise (hissing), but in computer world thats opposite, if your case is not grounding propetly it can give you shock, audio crackling etc.

If you unscrewed and screwed back the screws, then seems like its possible that you fixed it by yourself (too much screwing).