Question Microphone clarity upgrade

Lanereed01

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
My usb blue yeti (not pro) sounds great, but I was wondering if there was a dac or something I could use to clear up the mud from the audio (it picks up a fan from out the hallway at a low enough gain to hear me as clear as possible. It's just a small amount above the lovest setting.) and clear up the static from the aux pass through. I'm not looking for noise cancellation, because I will turn up the gain to max when not recording so I can hear my parants yell for me to do chores and other things) Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
The mic you own is a USB driven device meaning that you should likely be looking at a BIOS update for your motherboard, that the OS is up to date and that the chipset drivers are updated as well. Often times the audio might have static which can only be removed with an audio interface(not a DAC), which would in turn need an XLR or analog mic but the audio is essentially being processed by the USB port, and there aren't any audio interfaces with USB connectivity.

Yes there are audio interfaces that connect using USB but they don't allow USB devices to connect to them, only XLR or analog audio equipment.

I could be wrong though.

Lanereed01

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
The mic you own is a USB driven device meaning that you should likely be looking at a BIOS update for your motherboard, that the OS is up to date and that the chipset drivers are updated as well. Often times the audio might have static which can only be removed with an audio interface(not a DAC), which would in turn need an XLR or analog mic but the audio is essentially being processed by the USB port, and there aren't any audio interfaces with USB connectivity.

Yes there are audio interfaces that connect using USB but they don't allow USB devices to connect to them, only XLR or analog audio equipment.

I could be wrong though.
I meant my aux pass through has a little bit of static that is quite distracting when no audio is playing and the mic us muted. And I want to know if there is something I could plug the mic into that wil make the audio it records clearer and remove background noise like fans, but not voices. Even a softwate would be fine so long ad it does it live and nit after the recording, maybe something that works like audacity but clears up the audio (the exported files should be .wav because of the editing software I use.)